• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

FPS and RTS

Started by RABBITPOLICE, October 18, 2009, 05:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RABBITPOLICE

well I wish new player would come but the only way to do that is some form of advertising
like making some sort of show like red vs blue (I only watched some episodes)
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

VSMIT

Quote from: RABBITPOLICE on October 19, 2009, 05:24:02 PM
VSMT IM NOT AN IDIOT
Then show me something to make me think differently.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Arbystrider

Quote from: RABBITPOLICE on October 19, 2009, 06:04:28 PM
well I wish new player would come but the only way to do that is some form of advertising
like making some sort of show like red vs blue (I only watched some episodes)

Sabrebattletank has a machinima series. I wanted to but --

Anywhoo, I got a couple of friends here who want to play it I just have to wait 'till I can access their PC's to install.
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

TheJamsh

Quote from: VSMIT on October 19, 2009, 09:31:26 PM
Then show me something to make me think differently.

VSMIT thinks along the lines of the Nazi regime, "Guilty until proven innocent". :lol:

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

Quote from: TheJamsh on October 20, 2009, 04:09:36 AM
VSMIT thinks along the lines of the Nazi regime, "Guilty until proven innocent". :lol:
You have to when you're dealing with people on the internet.

Edit: And actually, I give people the benefit of the doubt initially.  But Rabbitpolice quickly showed me that I shouldn't.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

sabrebattletank

Quote from: Arbystrider on October 20, 2009, 03:35:43 AM
Sabrebattletank has a machinima series. I wanted to but --

Anywhoo, I got a couple of friends here who want to play it I just have to wait 'till I can access their PC's to install.

I do?

Who *Ammo*in' knew.

Is it popular?

Mr X

Quote from: RABBITPOLICE on October 19, 2009, 05:24:02 PM
VSMT IM NOT AN IDIOT

And yet you manage to miss-spell his name...

And the whole charm of BZ2 is the blend of FPS and RTS, there are plenty of better FPS games and plenty of better RTS games. If we chopped out one style we'd just about eliminate the whole point of playing.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

I'm afraid I'm more of an rts guy but the fps is definitely necessary. Without it everything gets boring very fast.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

I'm an FPS guy. HL, Q2... classic :P Got to have a storyline though.

RTS is good too, but not as exciting. Yet somehow, BZ2 is amongst the best I have ever played.

Arbystrider

Loads of people in my school are RTS people, they'd do anything for a copy of Warcraft III: TFT even if it requires doing it illegally. No seriously.

I'm an FPS guy capable of RTS. FPS gets frustrating on Conker. RTS gets boring on Warcraft (I played at my friend's place he has the original).
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

Crash

With years of experience in gaming...

Battlezone can't be merged into one style of game, and that's why it's so unique. New players won't like it because it's very hard to play, so it won't be the most popular game ever. It needs some fanaticism, to sit down, and play, learn tactics, strategies, and tricks, ranges, and to learn face to face combat.
You even have to learn the physics of the game. I remember when the first time I showed BZ2 to my cousin, he was angry, he played it like someone who's first playing an FPS, and he found it strange that vehicles slide after you release the forward button, not stop immediately like in the FPS games. He gave it up there.

I began to play the game in '99, played the demo at least 200 times, and fell in love in first sight with the game. I was about 9 when began to play the full version... Short after it came out in '99 October if I remember well. When I got exposure to the Internet later, well fist time it was an awful experience... The game has lot more memory usage in mp than in sp.
About a year later I've tried with a faster machine... That was the best experience I've ever had. The players were friendly and I think we played free for all on Ground 4, and last more than 3 hours... Before the day of my first test of the school leaving exam :D.

Oh I just gone away from the topic.

All I have to say that Battlezone 2 is the 'hardest to master' game for me, and that's why I like it :)

RABBITPOLICE

I like the idea that bz2 is two formats but thats what makes it unpopular thats
why I suggested this
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

TheJamsh

Its also what makes it Battlezone II...

If you want to make a mod that forces one or the other, thats up to you... but that would stay a mod.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Shadow Knight

Quote from: RABBITPOLICE on November 07, 2009, 04:51:41 PM
I like the idea that bz2 is two formats but thats what makes it popular
Fixed that for you. Most people play battlezone II BECAUSE it's a blend.

mrtwosheds

But we will ridicule anyone who trys to play mp strat from the bunker! :-D