• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BRB, Higher Education

Started by Steeveeo, October 20, 2009, 02:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Tomorrow is the day I head up to Federal Way (20 minutes out of Seattle, Washington) to attend DeVry University.

I am going for a degree in Game Design and Simulation Programming, and since it is a compressed course (lots of work in a shorter time), I will get a 4 year degree in 2 years and 8 months.

I am not sure how long I will be without the internet, since that does not come with the apartment, so undoubtedly I'll be offline for several days or weeks at least. On top of that, I am going to be needing to get a job almost as soon as I get up there to fund all this. Stack that on the large workload I am undoubtedly going to get, do not expect me to be online at all for a while after tomorrow. I may be lucky enough to find an unsecured WiFi network in the apartment complex, but I am not counting on it.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Axeminister

There is no knowledge that is not power.

sabrebattletank

Good luck! I wish you the best.

TheJamsh

Ditto! good luck Steeveeo. Awesome that your going into game design too.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Steeveeo

Ok, I managed to find an unsecured network, but considering that this whole complex is basically full of tech-savvy people, the one unsecured network is EXTREMELY slow and disconnects a LOT.

So far, the setup here with my 3 other roommates actually went rather smoothly, we have everything but TV, Internet, and a home phone line (but we all use our cells anyway, so we won't get the latter any time soon).

I start on Monday.

By the way, DeVry has a program with a bunch of software companies, called MSDN Alliance or something. Basically, for being a student at DeVry, I get to download the ISOs of a lot of popular software (LEGALLY).

Including Windows 7 (and no, I am not giving it to anyone). ;)

VSMIT

Students at schools not part of the MSDNA can still buy Win7 for $30 ($43 if you want a physical disc).
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

I have to see if DREXEL is a member.

Click on the image...

VSMIT

If you get an email address from school that ends in .edu then you won't have a problem.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Raven

Good luck dude. My college is getting 7 at christmas. So am I, they freaking owe me so they said they'd get a license for me. Lawl.

Steeveeo

Woo, finally got internet back, I AM NOT BORED ANYMORE!

squirrelof09

Welcome back :) how are you on the internet?
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Steeveeo

Qwest (blech) DSL.

Keeps locking up at times on the browser, but it was only truly activated about 10 minutes ago, so I'll haveta see how it runs games.

Nielk1

Quote from: Steeveeo on October 30, 2009, 09:48:13 PM
Qwest (blech) DSL.

Keeps locking up at times on the browser, but it was only truly activated about 10 minutes ago, so I'll haveta see how it runs games.

HORRAY! We have uses for you...

Click on the image...

Vid

Quote from: Steeveeo on October 25, 2009, 02:49:09 PM
So far, the setup here with my 3 other roommates actually went rather smoothly, we have everything but TV, Internet, and a home phone line (but we all use our cells anyway, so we won't get the latter any time soon).

Yay!  no distractions, Every instructor's dream!