• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hey, would you look at that. It's story time! PT. 3 POSTED!

Started by VSMIT, October 20, 2009, 08:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr X

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 10, 2009, 07:20:05 PM
I'd say on the moon with the large jamming structure.
Quote from: iron maiden on November 10, 2009, 07:20:41 PM
ah, I see it, the whole discovering the dead Cerberi right? I thenceforth withdraw my question.

Yup, we made a point of having a different enemy for the first couple of missions, one that has been weakened in a battle before you arrived.

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 10, 2009, 07:35:39 PM
I hope that's not serious. I don't like it at all if it is.

What don't you like? Is it the fact that literally everybody dies? Because I quite liked that.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Nielk1

Everyone dieing is horrible.

At least do it in a way with impact.

I might have a story to share with you guys to see if you can learn anything from it. It is NOT and will NEVER be for the CP, it's just something that I think has enough layers of conflict and struggle well outside the usual "here is bad guy, kill them" and twists much better than "everyone dies".

Click on the image...

Mr X

Well, its not everyone, the heroes die buying time for their friends to escape.
starting January 2010!

iron maiden

well what fun  is that? you don't live to see your accomplishments. No offense but seriosly, kinda weak ending. To fast. if you want them to die, perhaps in destroying a major structure or something similar. Just, have 'em go out in a blaze of glory.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

AHadley

Mr X

Quote from: iron maiden on November 11, 2009, 02:05:27 PM
well what fun  is that? you don't live to see your accomplishments. No offense but seriosly, kinda weak ending. To fast. if you want them to die, perhaps in destroying a major structure or something similar. Just, have 'em go out in a blaze of glory.

Holding off an impossibly large horde and in doing so killing many times their own number before succumbing to their inevitable fate, and in doing so letting others escape (admittedly they only escape to a lifeless rock where they set up a colony but die off anyway) isn't good enough?
starting January 2010!

iron maiden

mmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I don't know, just does not sound like the battlezone I am used to playing, but i guess that's part of a new expansion.

By the way, since we now have the whole story, should i reopen the thread i made for naming the third faction and have our vote?

Mr X

I think we should wipe the nominations slate clean for the third faction and start again in the naming process, now that everyone has the full picture of them.
starting January 2010!

iron maiden

Got it, but should i scrape all those from my current topic and allow more to partake or make a whole different thread?

Nielk1

Quote from: Mr X on November 11, 2009, 02:42:04 PM
I think we should wipe the nominations slate clean for the third faction and start again in the naming process, now that everyone has the full picture of them.

I don't think so.
And actually my picture of them sucks, but that doesn't matter. I'm making models not stories, though I think every race exists in it's fine details, things you don't even have yet.

The logical step is to word forward chronologically in the mod and fill in the race as we go.

Quote from: iron maiden on November 11, 2009, 03:17:03 PM
Got it, but should i scrape all those from my current topic and allow more to partake or make a whole different thread?
Don't dare have anything removed from a thorough and meaningful discussion.

I find it funny I said I was going to stay out of many parts of this (aside from modeling and C++ DLL) but such insane things keep coming up and petty arguments with points that mostly mean nothing. Only sane person I see if VSMIT (good thing he is the apparent head of this project).

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Sanity is not a requirement for modding.

I am living proof.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

iron maiden

VSMIT

Quote from: Mr X on November 11, 2009, 02:42:04 PM
The name we chose still stands. It should not change.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

Agreed. It fits.

Also, we need to start work on the finer details.

Rocket

i like the story, it was written straightforward enough for me :-)..

but i do have some questions about the last paragraph there, where they all die.

did all of them die?

what happens to them that escaped through the portal, did they colonize Icarus?

some more questions:

what happend to the third cthonian faction and all their technology?

what about the scions that lived after going through the portal?

did the portal power-down and thats why those hadeans and olympians couldn't escape?

why would the remaining hadean and cthonian forces that realized they were stuck there, start firing on anything whatsoever? they all realized they were all going to die anyway, why fight?
Hidden Defenders Mod