• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Paranormal Activity

Started by Feared_1, October 24, 2009, 06:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

Quoteit may have been but i still remain firm in my belief, besides, why would i imagine the shadowy white figure of a German Shepard?
It is a very common mistake people make, thinking that what they see is real, all perception is a construct of the brain, grass is not green, brains make it green. It is very easy for brains to be tricked or trick themselves, your eyeballs input data, your brain is left to decided what it means, an unclear shadowy-white data input triggers a fast search for a corresponding known object, your Dog was first on the list, shock! he's dead! your spooked, and your dog has gone as further data corrects your brains world construct.
The brain is incredibly good at filling in gaps in the data input, I developed myopia several years ago, it took years for me to notice it. It is only once you start regularly misidentifying people or things that the problem becomes apparent.

Clavin12

I'm willing to let him believe it. There's no reason ghosts shouldn't exist.
C l a v i n 1 2

mrtwosheds

Just physics and biochemistry. :-D

Clavin12

Who says they don't obey the laws of physics? "We now know" is a favorite phrase of scientists.
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

Quote from: Clavin12 on October 28, 2009, 11:49:29 AM
Who says they don't obey the laws of physics? "We now know" is a favorite phrase of scientists.
"It's in His plan" is a favorite phrase of religious people.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

What does that have to do with anything?
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

You keep throwing around that '"We now know" is a favorite phrase of scientists.' bullhoot, so I'm going to start doing the same.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

And to be fair, we don't even know there is a He. There is no proof of God, whereas everything we know goes against his existence.

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on October 28, 2009, 11:49:29 AM

OK, give me an inductive proof they exist.

I hate proofs...

Click on the image...

Axeminister

After watching the Matrix, who knows if We even exist. This could all be the best running video game of all time, with our consciousness downloaded into it to test our abilities and the winners get a real body in the Real reality.
I like the Black Sabbath song on the Dehumanizer album where they tear the walls of Heaven down and find a giant computer running everything. lol
But if you are a Christian then you have to believe in the Holy Spirit, which would successfully prove there are ghosts (to Christians).
There is no knowledge that is not power.

bigbadbogie

So that is why the world gets lag whenever I drive down the highway! Too many cars without LODs!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

Quote from: bigbadbogie on October 28, 2009, 02:27:29 PM
So that is why the world gets lag whenever I drive down the highway! Too many cars without LODs!!

Bloody would be if you made them all!

bigbadbogie

LOL!!

Stay away from any groups of cars with a crown symbol on them.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

iron maiden

QuoteAnd to be fair, we don't even know there is a He. There is no proof of God, whereas everything we know goes against his existence.

Well just think about it Ahadley, how is it that the universe itself came into being? The Big Bang, what set off the Big Bang, we don't know, how could there have nothing and then something if something were not already there to make the something? I'm not trying to force on anyone that there is a God, but to consider that everything around you happened by some unknown scientific phenomenon is to hard to explain, then just think that maybe, there just may be some divine presence out there that perhaps we could never even begin to understand but that is responsible for everything that has occurred since "Bang".

Words to live by from my standards
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

bigbadbogie

Please don't start this ridiculous debate yet again...

It's already been done.

My BZ2 mods: