• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Paranormal Activity

Started by Feared_1, October 24, 2009, 06:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

Quote from: AHadley on October 28, 2009, 01:04:19 PMeverything we know goes against his existence.

Not true. We certainly know at least one thing that is silent on the existence of God.

mrtwosheds

Don't rate the big bang theory much myself, the current "inflation" addon theory looks too much like making new number fit an old theory, because they were not brave or smart enough to throw it away and come up with a new one.
Lets face it, the Universe MUST be infinite, and anything that is infinite does not have a start or an end...
Maybe the question, how did it all start? is just a dumb question.

QuoteWho says they don't obey the laws of physics?
Obeying the laws of physics/chemistry/biology, would mean that the energy/matter that made up a being, would cease to form a coherent pattern after death and therefore cease to resemble or represent the "spirit" of the individual it once was.
I would accept an argument to the contrary if someone can explain how it can happen, nobody has yet.

QuoteThis could all be the best running video game of all time,
It is, it is being run in the Most complex of all operating systems, Matter. The purpose of the game is simply to observe it running, so that it knows that it is. Unfortunately the winners just get the same prize as the losers :)  There are persistent rumours of a mythical "Game Over" realm. But I can't imagine what anyone would think they could do there, ah, oh yes that's it! NOTHING, lots and lots of NOTHING whatsoever at all for never and never again.

Oh and here's a link to the latest book by Iain M Banks called  Matter  Its marvelous!
http://www.iain-banks.net/science-fiction/

VSMIT

By the way, if religion derails this topic, I will lock it.  Let's get back on the subject of Paranormal Activity.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

mrtwosheds

Don't be mean, the subjects are unavoidably linked. If you don't like the discussion don't read it.

Red Devil

I downloaded a video last night and was watching it on my computer and something started climbing out of the monitor, so i turned it off.  :-o
What box???

VSMIT

Quote from: mrtwosheds on October 29, 2009, 09:38:46 AM
Don't be mean, the subjects are unavoidably linked. If you don't like the discussion don't read it.
The problem isn't that I don't like it.  The problem is that religion threads invariably start flame wars, which we don't need.  And this thread is about Paranormal Activity, not religion, hence why I said that I would lock the topic if religion derailed the topic.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Red Devil on October 29, 2009, 09:54:46 AM
I downloaded a video last night and was watching it on my computer and something started climbing out of the monitor, so i turned it off.  :-o

Oh... sorry.. that was me.

I swore that I had picked Nk1's monitor!!

Whoops a daisy.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Probably got confused since I have 2.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Aha.

I'll take that into account next time.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

iron maiden

QuoteThe problem isn't that I don't like it.  The problem is that religion threads invariably start flame wars, which we don't need.  And this thread is about Paranormal Activity, not religion, hence why I said that I would lock the topic if religion derailed the topic.

then i would take it it would be unwise to start a thread on religion. :evil:
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

sabrebattletank

I would participate in a non-flaming manner.

Clavin12

You could make a heavily supervised no-flaming-or-you'll-die thread.
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

We've had religion threads here.  Take a look at them.