• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

re-release

Started by iron maiden, November 01, 2009, 09:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSH

Given current game development team sizes, a remake would take a team of 60-80, and a budget of $20-35 mil. (BZ2 was a dozen, maybe 18 people, and a budget of 1-2mil.) And a remake would still not sell any better.

-- GSH (bitter. And realistic.)

TheJamsh

And of course, the lack of demand for an FPS/RTS hybrid means it isn't going to happen. If it did, it wouldn't be a re-make of BZ2, unfortunately BZ2 had its chance to sell out and didn't. No company is going to spend millions on a dead game.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Rocket

Quote from: TheJamsh on November 11, 2009, 12:34:25 AM
And of course, the lack of demand for an FPS/RTS hybrid means it isn't going to happen. If it did, it wouldn't be a re-make of BZ2, unfortunately BZ2 had its chance to sell out and didn't. No company is going to spend millions on a dead game.

uh oh....

did you just say bz2 was dead??
Hidden Defenders Mod

Mr X

He means dead as in no-one will buy it.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Rocket

i would buy it, even to just encourage the companies that it is still a good game.
Hidden Defenders Mod

iron maiden

I would by it to, force my freinds to buy it, force their friends to buy it, then force all people from Nebraska to but it and charge them interest, then run from an angry mob, then hide out in Belgium until the heat blows over, then go get lunch.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

sabrebattletank

TheJamsh

Well... for arguements sake, lets say 200 active BZ2 players buy it (the entire community :)), and then a few others around the globe buy it for S&G... not a great deal of reason to spend over $2,000,000 bread on re-making a game.

No one likes PC anymore unless your a modder... its all about consoles. That is the unfortunate but truthful reality. People don't want to worry about compatibility, OS version... they want to get some brewskies, put a disc in and just play straight away. Not to mention that hosting games etc on consoles is so easy it makes me want to cry that PC's cant work like that...

What was the most recent RTS game on XBOX? Halo Wars or something? If that was the first game under the 'halo' title, Halo would be dead by now.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on November 16, 2009, 04:59:34 AM
No one likes PC anymore unless your a modder... its all about consoles. That is the unfortunate but truthful reality. People don't want to worry about compatibility, OS version...

What are you smoking? Consoles are getting the shaft left and right for unreasonable prices for just MP and random bannings for adding an extra fan. PC is still the strongest of all game systems. Besides, you have to count the MMO life suckers that are 99% PC only. By that alone PC wins.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 16, 2009, 12:56:50 PM
What are you smoking? Consoles are getting the shaft left and right for unreasonable prices for just MP and random bannings for adding an extra fan. PC is still the strongest of all game systems. Besides, you have to count the MMO life suckers that are 99% PC only. By that alone PC wins.

Try telling that to the fanboys.

lucky_foot

GSH is quite correct about being realistic. Even if we ALL bought the game, multiple copies, it wouldn't equal enough money to make any company try it. I mean, the budget is 30 to 40 million, that's just projected! One major delay could make it cost more.

I'm not bashing it, I just don't see the likelihood of a company picking it up.

We're it ladies and gentlemen. Let's keep fighting for the game we love. :)
Jonathan S.

iron maiden

That deserves to be the motto of the community.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

lucky_foot

[Off-topic]

@Iron-Maiden,

Good luck with FE. I think it's was the most difficult game I've played today, but I felt so accomplished when I beat it!

[Topic returned to original Path]

It should. If it wasn't for GSH and his hard work, the beta tester teams, the Modders, the players. This game would have gone in the abyss long before now.
Jonathan S.