• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

character naming and other minor details any wish to bring up...

Started by iron maiden, November 06, 2009, 11:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Quote from: iron maiden on November 10, 2009, 07:50:06 PM
Seriously, ...........................uncool

You do know that is actually a compliment...

Coolness is so uncool these days.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

iron maiden

So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Clavin12

Nother suggestion of mine. Don't count it as plagiarism but: John Hughes
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

I guess I will just keep track of the names, so far i think that is six.

Tempest Storm

Might be a good idea to edit the first post with a list of all the currently submitted names. It's kind of a pain to wade through all the posts to pull out a few submissions here and there.

Mr X

I'd like to suggest John Mason,

I suggest this because Lieutenant Mason sounds cool to me. I also feel that unlike some other suggestions it sounds like a real name.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

Quote from: Mr X on November 11, 2009, 11:35:43 AM
I'd like to suggest John Mason,

I suggest this because Lieutenant Mason sounds cool to me. I also feel that unlike some other suggestions it sounds like a real name.

This is a very good name. In fact, though you may not realise it, it is a stroke of genius, for two reasons. Firstly, the name of the main character in both stock BZ2 and FE is John. Second, there is already a Manson in the storyline. Have any of you met his son yet?

Mr X

I actually said Mason, not Manson...

But then, it actually would be quite cool if it were Manson and he were related to the Major in stock BZ2, maybe his nephew or something who joined up because he was inspired by his relative.

Yeah, I'd like to suggest John Manson.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

iron maiden

got it, the current names are:'

Howard Donaldson
Brett Hummons
Adam Chandler
Jaque Martin
John Hughes
Jack Hughes
John Mason/Manson

should we keep going to ten or wait for one more?

VSMIT

Keep going for as many suggestions people can come up with.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

iron maiden

Roger that, oh, and people, try and lay off on the "J" names, we have four already and i don't want the next major expansion, just like FE to continue with a person with  a name beginning with "J"

VSMIT

People, please spite Iron Maiden by adding as many "J" names as possible.

Please realize that you are only one man, Iron Maiden.  You alone do not guide where the CP goes.  That's my job.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

iron maiden

QuotePeople, please spite Iron Maiden by adding as many "J" names as possible.

Please realize that you are only one man, Iron Maiden.  You alone do not guide where the CP goes.  That's my job

All I am trying to say is find it a tad redundant that the names of the protagonists in BZ2, FE and this upcoming expansion pack to all have their first names beginning with "J". Oh, and I know that I am one person, I am simply trying to show as much possible initiative in this project as possible.

Nielk1

It's like the number of alien races in Star Trek that start with T. People don't notice and even if they do they don't care, but there is always someone who wants to be sure the next alien race doesn't have a name that starts with a T even though it effects no one in any way.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

Ah, very well, consider the statement withdrawn from discussion...pile on the names

By the way, I have created the poll for the third factions names but cannot figure out how to unlock the thread. i believe it is due to my somewhat low rank. The three suggestions are Thenoxii, Atlanteans, and Rythmians

Perhaps i should simply create a new thread and start the poll there.