• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

DISCUSSION of game Mechanics

Started by Nielk1, November 11, 2009, 09:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

Quote from: Mr X on November 12, 2009, 01:40:19 PM
I've had an idea, how about making one of the three Cthonian races operate in the following way:
Instead of using power generators, base building have their own generators that create a surplus power, therefore the amount of guntowers you can have is restricted by the size of your base.

Ah, that's interesting. That implies that there would be an upper limit to how many gun towers you can have (assuming that most building are "you can only have one of them at a time"), unless you could upgrade the power generators on base buildings to give more power.

I like it.

Expanding that a little bit: what about each base building has, say, three (just to pick a number), "addon" slots, and you could pick from some general sort of upgrade: gives more power, has more health, builds faster, fires a light weapon defensively, etc?

Quote from: Mr X on November 12, 2009, 01:40:19 PMI'd also like to see relay bunkers that can be accessed by non-commanders.

Yes, please.

sabrebattletank

Zero Angel

Quote from: Axeminister on November 12, 2009, 06:20:03 AM
The husks idea is a super. Tugs carry back to base until you build towers out in the field, then you could drop of husks at a structure that takes place of relay bunker requirement for towers.
 Can there be hovering service trucks, currently tracked ones bump and move one another out of range when stopping and starting.
How about solar power generators? Has that been done?
Keep in mind though that units slots are expensive, though I do like the idea of depots where the tugs can drop off the husks in order to get a refund on the unit (I like the idea of using depots, not necessarily the idea of using tugs, which seems unweildy in principle). It would make it more imperative to establish a front line base in order to increase resource gathering speed (since you wouldnt want to wait for the tug to traverse the entire distance of a big map)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

ScarleTomato

For scrap generation with one of the races, you could ignore the pools and go with a borehole mine. You upgrade it to increase the generation rate and build silos to increase the capacity. Make it really hard to collapse but if it gets destroyed, it sets you back a ton.

Could use a similar concept for a centralized power. Maybe a solar tower and you can make it taller to get more power.

sabrebattletank

Could building deaths result in uneven terrain so that once a factory dies, you can't rebuild it on the same terrain squares?

Clavin12

Quote from: ScarleTomato on November 12, 2009, 02:31:17 PM
Could use a similar concept for a centralized power. Maybe a solar tower and you can make it taller to get more power.

Isn't that what i said?
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Clavin12

I think a dynamic solar power would be too limiting in game. It would be extremely frustrating, you know, when assault tanks and walkers are charging your gun towers and suddenly they quit cause its night time.
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

What I find interesting is that last time salvaging was brought up, people didn't like it.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

Quote from: VSMIT on November 12, 2009, 04:09:14 PM
What I find interesting is that last time salvaging was brought up, people didn't like it.

I think it is all in the presentation of the idea.

MWAHAHA! More ideas, and MORE!

Some of these ideas that are ODF bases are consequently displayed in some modding I have already done, like the Scrapper Rec.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Ok, so, no portals but an accellerator. You go through it and your blasted forward at super speeds. Good for outposts and base entrances.
C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

Bad for mappers. Something like that would have to be map-specific. And AI wouldn't work with it unless asked by .dll

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

iron maiden

QuoteYou go through it and your blasted forward at super speeds

Anyone else here thinking rail gun?
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Axeminister

clavin if it gets dark you could always make solar flares by your solar panels to keep up the power during an assault. That would have to be an option I guess, or some way to make it work. Windy even said wind turbines for dark maps, solar panels for light maps.

Windy's idea for power generation. Map has crystals spread out across the land that when picked up by a tug/scav can be brought to base and utilized on platforms built by the constructor. They could be upgraded which would turn them different colors.

I have a wacked out idea that might be cool. How would it be if the biometal fed the power generators. The amount of buildings you can build would depend on how much biometal you have for the power generators. The more pools, the bigger base. Upgrade your pools, more even more power available. But you wouldn't use the current numbers that come up telling you how much power there is, like 3 meaning power for 3 buildings. That number would instead tell you how many ships you could build. A total reverse of the way we control resources. The number could even be made to have alternate meaning like if the actual resource the new race utilized was gigawatts of energy. The number 3 could represent 3 gigawatts of energy. Rocket tanks might cost 2.7 gigawatts, scouts cost 1.2 gigawatts etc.

There is no knowledge that is not power.

Warfreak

Stock pgens technically utilize Reactions of biometal to generate power, but your take on this is good.