• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The Physics Nerds' Theory Thread

Started by AHadley, November 13, 2009, 12:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

How exactly is this related to the CP?
C l a v i n 1 2

Scout

From the FM 6-1201-309-62, The National Security Agency Field Manual:

A Memorandum from President Dwight D Eisenhower to General George Collins, regarding the establishment of the National Space Defense Force (NSDF):

NSDF TU11 Mobile Bio-Metal Fabricator:

The Recycler builds vital base resources and unit supplies, as well as basic offensive and defensive units.  It does this by projecting ultra-lightweight endo-skeletal beams inside of its construction bay while generating extreme temperatures that melt its supply of bio-metal.  It then coats the beams with the liquid bio-metal, and holds the new unit's engines and internal machinery in place while the bio-metal cools.  The entire process takes seconds.

It's in the book that comes with battlezone1

if you were unfortunate enough to get just the jewel case of battlezone then you missed out on a lot.

AHadley

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 16, 2009, 06:55:16 AM
How exactly is this related to the CP?

Nobody mentioned the CP. This is the theory thread for explaining everything Battlezone.

Nielk1

Note how many more units of biometal are used per craft in BZ2.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 16, 2009, 12:36:25 PM
Note how many more units of biometal are used per craft in BZ2.

Maybe that's just a change in units. Imperial to SystemInternationale and the like. Maybe there's a seperate SI unit for Biometal.

Nielk1

Quote from: AHadley on November 16, 2009, 01:04:38 PM
Maybe that's just a change in units. Imperial to SystemInternationale and the like. Maybe there's a seperate SI unit for Biometal.

I find it much more likely that more biometal is used in BZ2 craft. The entire craft is biometal, every bit, so it takes a ton more. With pools around it's not like you can run low.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 16, 2009, 01:14:10 PM
I find it much more likely that more biometal is used in BZ2 craft. The entire craft is biometal, every bit, so it takes a ton more. With pools around it's not like you can run low.

Probably slow. Not switched on today.

Feared_1

Sorry if this had already been discussed, but I thought I would share something:

I found a glitch in 1.2 where if you put a TAP (fbtemp) adjacent to certain objects and drive over it, you will be rocketed up into the air at an incredible speed. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to test some things I've been wondering about BZ2 physics, so I started calculating. The speed at which the glitched TAP blasts a person up into the air is almost exactly 10 km/s (22,369 miles per hour). I reached a max height of 999,999 meters above the ground before the glitch could dominate no more and the game began to apply gravity to my Scout again (I used a nav beacon to test height). 10 km/s is (according to Wikipedia) some kind of orbital speed. It takes an object about 12 hours to rotate around the earth going that fast.

I then decided to experiment with gravity. Using real-world kinematic equations, I found that, in 1.2, gravity pulls at about 12 m/s on a Scout. It could be different for any vehicle, I guess. I just haven't looked into it. (This reminded me of in 1.3 how the default gravity setting is set to "12" on the slider. I felt like an idiot for wasting my time experimenting with it, but was impressed that I got the same result using real-world equations.)

After a certain amount of time, I noticed that I was falling at a constant rate (still using the nav as a guide). It was REALLY fast. I was probably falling at about 3 km/s, and assumed this to be the "terminal velocity" of a Scout in free fall (sounds funny, I know... there is no real air in BZ2 to create a terminal velocity, but it worked for some reason). I can't remember the exact numbers that I calculated at this time, unfortunately, so that might be a little inaccurate.

In all, I think I remember it taking about 5 minutes to reach the ground after falling from that height. One second I was in the air and suddenly I was on the ground. There is no "bounce" in 1.2 when you hit the ground hard, so I just landed softly and continued on my way.

That was my little experiment this past Summer... yeah.

AHadley

Feared_1

"fbtemp" is a TAP.

It is an incomplete asset that was supposed to paint anything that came within its range. ISDF have a similar, incomplete component.

AHadley

Do they? I've seen the scion one, but not the ISDF one... somebody should complete all these things.

TheJamsh

isdf one is a gun tower model called 'motion sensor'

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

I wondered why that always seemed so useless.

Blunt Force Trauma

ssuser and myself had some good back and fourth about BZ1's "reality" when I tried my hand at redoing the Grizz.  I also threw some conjecture at BZE's version of the Mortar Bike.

http://www.battlezoneclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2288

http://www.battlezoneclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2537

AcneVulgaris

My blast tank is fueled by the tears of noobs.