• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Any suggestions on how to make trees and other plant based props?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, November 13, 2009, 03:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

Its the best method really, so long as you are a good mapper. You can only do it for huge trees of course, and you will want to use a hi-res texture to stop them looking horribly stretched.

However, ALL trees can have collision meshes, and tbh theres no reason why they shouldn't unless they are so small that a tank would knock them over.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Trees really should be used sparingly as in satellite view units become pretty hard to see under tree tops in the over head view unless some spacing is used on the canopy section of a tree or other tall plant prop. As I understand it transparent textures are a bad thing for the framerate in BZII. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.