• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

random idea

Started by iron maiden, November 13, 2009, 04:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iron maiden

I was reading Avatar's prehistory, the part about the cthonians and became caught on a small sentence fragment: "dropping Biometal 'seeds' from orbit. "

I immediately thought of War of the Worlds and how, like in the prehistory, the seeds landed near towns and unleashed the terrible war machines which were near unstopable. It occurred to me that one could actually make a mod and perhaps change the history of battlezone with this idea? WHAT IF, the martian tripods really were bio-metal war machines that landed on Earth? Perhaps the British could have been the first to look at bio-metal and could have a secret lab somewhere.    Just throwing it out there.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Warfreak

From what I understand, small traces of biometal are present in all Meteorite fragments that have reached the Earth's surface.
This actually means that until the Shower in the 1950's each nation would probably have small samples of biometal, but not NEARLY enough to do experiments to the extent done after it's "rediscovery" in the Bering Strait.

I do like where you are going with that though.

iron maiden

That's another big part of it, If the all the war machines were shut down when the organic material died from bacteria, the British would have massive amounts of it to conduct experiments with.

Warfreak

Do not be mistaken, biometal cannot "die". The machines only sleep.  :evil:

iron maiden

Granted, but, the British could have melted it down, thinking it was regular steel, after which the "brain" of the bio-metal would be disoriented and be controllable by the British scientists. OR, in the far future, that bio-metal finally remembers its mission and sets out against earth.

Nielk1

I had a discussion with WF and came to an interesting idea. Cthonian relics existed on Earth, the Nexus in FE is proof of that. Even biometal pools exist though they are long sense sealed. There might have been, back in the time of BZ1, a group that gathered information and technology of this type. A sort of Torchwood for Battlezone.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Minus the bi-sexuals I hope...
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Never saw Torchwood myself so... Taking place around the time of BZ1 I think bi-sexuals would be the least of our worries. Commies...

Click on the image...

Mr X

I always thought it would be cool to do a mod where, instead of America and Russia, Britain and Nazi Germany discover biometal first and fight out WW2 in space, with the RAF VS the Gestapo or something,

Sadly I am completely unable to make such a mod.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

mrtwosheds

Lol I can just imagine the German pilots walk animation... :-D

Mr X

Maybe if I got some people to help me...
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 13, 2009, 08:53:19 PM
A sort of Torchwood for Battlezone.

If that idea ever becomes a mod, please count me in.

iron maiden

Oh, what if during a routine petrol on mars, the EDF comes across a base of Martian bio-metal war machines. They could accidentally activate them and the walkers go fury on them, thus beginning a real war between Earth and Mars.

Warfreak

Considering the NSDF and CCA have been to Mars and found no Martians, would be safe to say the mechs would be Cthonian in origin or Fury... or we didn't look hard enough. :evil:

iron maiden

Allow me explain something: It is theorized that mars was once home to life but died as its core quickly[in geologic terms] expelled all its energy and thus the planet could not sustain life. When the giant planet[I like to think of it as Unicron] attacked Cthonia, it may have also sent probes to mars which sucked the life out of the planet, contrary to the theory, until the planet was dead. However, with their mothership destroyed around Cthonia[i think that's how it goes], They simply shut down and remained on mars until they re awakened, attacked Earth in War of the Worlds, lost, and went back to sleep.

Quoteor we didn't look hard enough.

Its quite possible, it is a pretty big planet.