• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

RelevantKnowledge

Started by AHadley, November 21, 2009, 03:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

Somebody has managed to install RelevantKnowledge on my computer.

I'm running MBAM now, but it hasn't picked anything up - is there anything I need to do specifically to get rid of it? I've had a good look on google, but none of the methods I've found work.

Help!

TwinShadow

http://www.spywareremove.com/removeRelevantKnowledge.html

Not even that helped? Any idea who might have installed that program to your computer?

AHadley

Probably my brother or father. Dad doesn't do installing much, and my brother installs anything he feels the need for. So I reckon him.

And I'll run through those steps again, see what I can do.

Vid

If you have 4 days to wait, you can go to spywareinfo forums and post a Hijackthis log and they'll guide you through removal.  They do a real good job, but have a 4 day waiting time.

Tried online antivirus scans like kaspersky, trend micro, etc?
Tried using Hijackthis to kill the offending startup entries?
Superantispyware(very hoggy on resources now..) and Malwarebytes Anti-malware are good tools.

Don't suppose you have just tried uninstalling it via add/remove or its uninstall exe if it has one?
Is there any loss of function to the computer or just an annoying popup?

Nielk1

Password protect admin accounts on YOUR computer if other people use it.

Click on the image...

AHadley

All accounts are password protected... and it's the family desktop, so everybody insists on having admin abilities. Remember how illiterate I said they were?

Also, MBAM found it on the third scan through and it is safely removed. Not sure why it took three tries though.