• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Planet Battlezone .com is gone!

Started by TheJamsh, November 24, 2009, 03:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

iron maiden

Exactly, I believe it got some pretty bad reviews.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

AHadley

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 26, 2009, 11:45:34 AM
Forgot ROTBD.

I missed out ROTB because I've a) never played it, b) not researched it, and c) wasnt going to do any research on it :P

iron maiden

i believe it was built for the Nintendo 64 but was criticized due to its poor quality or something similar.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

almostsquare

This is amazing. I stumbled upon a random post on reddit today which was simply titled "Battlezone. That is all."

Having been away from the gaming scene, it had been years since I had seen the words Battlezone come across my desk. With waves of nostalgia running over me, I found the introduction sequence (you know, the one with Grizzly One investigating the Soviet incursion) on YouTube and watched it with extremely fond memories.

My curiosity sufficiently piqued, I dug further around on the web to discover the very sad news that Pandemic Studios had been shut down earlier this month. A few more sites and links later, and I come across this site with usernames like Ultraken and GSH floating around with last post dates from this very month! I was shocked and stunned that the Battlezone community was going strong after all these years. It makes me incredibly happy to see that this amazing game still has such strong supporters and is still being improved.

It has been such a wonderful treat this evening to browse the forums and read about all that has happened since I was last involved with Battlezone. And I am deeply touched that someone even remembers my name after all these years. This has been a wonderful Thanksgiving treat.

I sincerely hope that I have time to drop in more frequently and follow all the progress being made! I just wanted to let you all know what a wonderful and special night this has been for me. Keep up the great work, everyone!

All the best,
Adrian "GhostFire" Wong

P.S. Back on topic, you can always try archive.org for old copies. I do not know how deep their crawlers go for PBZ.

VSMIT

Quote from: almostsquare on November 29, 2009, 11:28:39 PM
This is amazing. I stumbled upon a random post on reddit today which was simply titled "Battlezone. That is all."

Having been away from the gaming scene, it had been years since I had seen the words Battlezone come across my desk. With waves of nostalgia running over me, I found the introduction sequence (you know, the one with Grizzly One investigating the Soviet incursion) on YouTube and watched it with extremely fond memories.

My curiosity sufficiently piqued, I dug further around on the web to discover the very sad news that Pandemic Studios had been shut down earlier this month. A few more sites and links later, and I come across this site with usernames like Ultraken and GSH floating around with last post dates from this very month! I was shocked and stunned that the Battlezone community was going strong after all these years. It makes me incredibly happy to see that this amazing game still has such strong supporters and is still being improved.

It has been such a wonderful treat this evening to browse the forums and read about all that has happened since I was last involved with Battlezone. And I am deeply touched that someone even remembers my name after all these years. This has been a wonderful Thanksgiving treat.

I sincerely hope that I have time to drop in more frequently and follow all the progress being made! I just wanted to let you all know what a wonderful and special night this has been for me. Keep up the great work, everyone!

All the best,
Adrian "GhostFire" Wong

P.S. Back on topic, you can always try archive.org for old copies. I do not know how deep their crawlers go for PBZ.
Stick around!  We don't bite (much). :-D
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

S.cavA.rmyG.en

try the map room it has some old links on it.
some are dead but still.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│
│▓│Behold The Power Of Scrap.
If it works in-game, it doesn't matter how wierd and broken it looks code wise!
what is scrap if its not wierd and broken?

AHadley

Quote from: almostsquare on November 29, 2009, 11:28:39 PM
Adrian "GhostFire" Wong

Didn't you work on FE? I think I saw your name in the credits.

There's a new CP going on that you may be interested in.

technoid

Wow, cool, good to see you Adrian/Ghostfire.  Yes, I remember you because I was a regular at PBZ for a few months before moving on to Pandi forum, and thereafter too, just not as regular. 

Afaik, Adrian didn't really work on FE, he was merely a liaison between PBZ and the BZ2CP team, until, again, Menacer took over after the Planet sites decided that PBZ needed a big fat facelift that wiped out some things.  Conflicts of interest ensued, thus moving files over from PBZ to what is now here, at BZU.   

AHadley

Hmm. Must have heard the name Adrian Wong somewhere in the forum history then. Nice to have you back anyways :)