• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone Modeling

Started by TheWall, December 07, 2009, 07:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

Quote from: Avatar on December 15, 2009, 05:30:06 PM
IF Wall makes a master Grizzly I can crank out vacumn-formed stryene model 'kits' en masse.

HOW MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT ONE???

I definitely want one.

It'll depend on the price, though, and how much "assembly/painting" I have to do...

Quote from: Blunt Force Trauma on December 15, 2009, 05:46:21 PM
The problem there is there's no real need to fight over it. All you need is a few pounds of it to provide the needs of the entire planet and any off-planet needs for, well. . . several lifetimes.

Let's put this in modern terms...

Have you seen Tiger Wood's wife?  Why on EARTH would this man who has everything go after...   well, you get my drift.

Humankind can not achieve anything without giving up something of equal value...  er, wait...  that's not quite what I meant.  Bonus points if you know where it's from, but what I mean is...

Humans ain't NEVER happy with what they have... 

:)

-Av-

Blunt Force Trauma

All I'm saying is why risk major war over hundreds or thousands of kilos of 'scrap', when all you need is maybe a couple poundsto provide magnitudes more energy than you'll need even if you ramp up society and population by several magnitudes?

It's like fighting over air or sunlight on planet earth. . . makes no sense.

Well, maybe you don't want them to have the rice-sized planet busting bombs...

Or maybe you have bigger plans than powering a planet...

There are always issues when greed is a factor...

-Av-

Blunt Force Trauma

Once 'they' have a few ounces of full E=mc2 capability, the MAD mentality is locked in spades.

But who cares.

Because it's then that energy interests are fully removed from the equation.

Then, all the other petty issues evolve to become the 'main' issues.

My main point goes back to the beginning.

There's just no need to fight over a substance that is found. . .by both sides, in the hundreds of pounds. . . when a few ounces can solve the energy needs for the entire planet, or its doom dozens of times over, into the distant future.

Also, I see no good use of 100% energy conversion in the game past endless fuel for the ship.  All you need is a pellet the size of a BB to take out an entire base. And well, yes, I do see the comparable party trick of morphing a metal like substance

VSMIT

Quote from: Avatar on December 15, 2009, 05:30:06 PM
IF Wall makes a master Grizzly I can crank out vacumn-formed stryene model 'kits' en masse.

HOW MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT ONE???
Personally, I'd want a master (read:metal) version.  But that's just me.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bb1

Q: "Why throw precious scrap in the form of amunition at them?"
A: Well, quite simply, they die and can't have any of it.

TheWall

Just playing/dabbling with doing some subjective interpretation/modeling (until I get something to get cutting on... (simpiler like a Scout))

Kevin - AKA TheWall

eddywright

Cool looking model but are those riflings on the outside of the barrel?

lol

TheWall

....... It's not my doing... look at the textures on the Grizzly (like below, or in game)

Kevin - AKA TheWall

ssuser

With rifling at that twist rate either the projectile would come apart inside the barrel or the barrel would disintegrate.

Ultraken

They look like painted stripes to me.

Blunt Force Trauma

Make sure you slide your side panels closed before battle.

So many people have made it easy for me to disable them by leaving them open.   :wink:

TheWall

Without ever applying any thought to it, I think I'd always intuitively assumed they were stripes too... UNTIL you look at the in-game model/textures closely where the stripes are rendered in a fashion which would suggest they represent the rendering of a cylindrical object, and the Wallpaper BlackDragon is using in his Signature.

PERHAPS this is one compelling reason to make a model strictly per the IN GAME MODEL, and allow it to be textured/painted/decal'd per the IN GAME TEXTURES.....................  UNLESS some remnant(s) of the ORIGINAL geometry/artwork which provided the basis of the textures/artwork can be made available for reference.

Kevin - AKA TheWall

Ultraken

Oh, right.  That does look like a segmented cylinder in a sort of "frame".  Neat.  :)