• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Can I Desperately ask....

Started by SpuddyMcFuddy, February 29, 2004, 05:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpuddyMcFuddy

I realise this is a rather general sweeping question but is the multiplayer LAN fixed?

My cousin and I used to play it all the time but it was buggy as hell and always eventually died because we where majorly out of sync all the time. Ranging from a split second to a good few seconds; is this fixed?

Please, please, please say it is !!

Thank you

technoid

The beta is ready to download.  The only way to tell is to try it.

SpuddyMcFuddy

technoid

Eh? What is supposed to be?  

This is a beta which means everyone is supposed to test it.  Some multiplayer aspects have been fixed, but some bugs are still lurking around or new ones have surfaced.  You and your lan buddy try the mp lan and see if you're still seeing any desyncs or any quirky network behavior.

And keep in mind, we suggest installing a new BZII folder just for 1.3-beta, so that your 1.2 version is not overwritten to.

SpuddyMcFuddy

Thank you for the reply.  It's nice to know that this superb game is still be catered for.  Hope is still out there for other games which are not "company" supported because they didn't sell enough copies !

Spacecomber

I think this will work better for you, based on my experience with it, though your hardware and milage may vary.  ;-)

I can run an MPI on my LAN with two machines for hours and hours without a burp, but it's not really a stress test or anything with just the two machines...  

Fire it up and then COME BACK HERE AND TELL US!!!   :)

-Av-