• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 MODs? waiting for final 1.3 realease I take it.

Started by deadscion, February 29, 2004, 05:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadscion

technoid

Spacecomber

I probably shouldn't try to speak for Natty, but he said to me that he is still working on his G66 v2.0, but was waiting on a more final v1.3 before making another beta release available for testing.  A public release would be sometime later, still.

I believe that some of the FE folks have voiced also waiting on a relatively final version of 1.3 before making that mod 1.3 compatible.

It's just darn frustrating to have to dig down and find what's causing your MOD to crash when 1.3 changes.  I'm doing that now, as something in my MOD directories is causing 1.3 to die...

I think it's safest to see what this testing digs out first, then release your MOD once things are quiet again bugwise.

-Av-

Eraser

Would anybody know which mods work/don't work with 1.3 yet?  I just want to know about SP and IA, i don't really play online.

Slaor

Most of them will have a few problems I am guessing, but main job for modders is not so much fixing bugs, but rather implementing new 1.3 specific features. And there is LOTS of them...

Aegeis

Also watch out big time for assets that are the same.  1.3 hates duplicate assets and will scream at you each time you start up bz2.

Tempest Storm

I'll probably have a BZRAP small public alpha released now that everyone can try it out. Although I want to wait a bit so people can actually test the patch first.