• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Political Phlop of 1.3

Started by Major_Tom, February 29, 2004, 10:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major_Tom

First of all I expected  Nothing more than mediocre effort, even IF it is BETA and even if some of these issues CAN be corrected. So much for testing and communicating in a positive way. The 1.3 gripes can be posted on my board without retailiation, help yerself.

Looks like the 1.3 patch is FINALLY here. Not saying that it wasn't worth the wait, but in all the hype, time and effort that supposedly has gone into this, ummm patch, it seems like it has been a mediocre flop.

A political fiasco once again aimed at seperation of Battlezone II. With as much time and effort as 1.3 had to become compatible with FE, looks like there IS no CP in that effort. And they gripe about me not adding an "FE" on the map pack. Thats plain Hypocritical from the people at BZUNIVERSE

I won't use it until the MPI version is as compatible as the strat is. It sucks as bad as the effort of Rev.c

GSH says that people doing thier own thing is a positive note. Thats an answer from some one who is a loner, or doesn't want to have any coordination or an effort that wants to be sucessful at.

If they want to kill this game, all they have to do is take the BattlezoneII / Gamespy servers down to make this game go bye bye. But they are too reluctant to make this a pleasant experience. Looks like that will never happen with these so-called programmers in charge. They are worried more of thier Eg0-testical ways than a combined well thought out processes.

More to follow. maybe we will find SOMETHING good about it.

Muhahahahahahahaha.

Commando

The way shell files were handled was changed.  FE will work with 1.3 when the FE shell files are updated.  Until then, you can play FE single player by copying all of the 1.3 cfg files from patch13.pak into fedata.pak.

It isn't GSH and Ken's job to make mods compatible with 1.3.  They have other things to do than make every mod compatible with 1.3.

Major_Tom

LOL. So no community effort. Understood. Thanks for the additional supporting clarification.

Commando

Several of FE Team members had access to the 1.3 patch during development.  Their plan was and still is to wait until 1.3 is finished.  They don't want to fix a bug than have that bug rebroken in a new build because something changed, which is understandable.  When 1.3 is finished, we will be seeing a compatibility patch for 1.3.

Major_Tom

Let me guess.... we will have to wait for an additional long, lengthy time for this to come about. Hummmm. And it is going to be as "wonderful as 1.3 and Rev.c is ?

I am negative about this cuz its ANOTHER tainted product released by, in my opinion, the "corrupt political core" doing this project. You all can look at the credits, and refer back to my "brown-nosing" thread and it fits perfectly. Looks like names in lights over rides success. I am soooo glad not to be a part of it.

You won't convince me to welcome the changes until it is released as bug free and professional as possible. If you are looking for brownie points, you ain't getting none from me.

Red Devil

Major_Tom, you remind me of the neighbor's bitch that comes and craps in the flower garden and digs it up, stinking up the place and disfiguring it after everybody has spent a lot of time and effort making it better.  No, actually, you remind me of the turd it leaves behind and someone comes along and steps in.

If you have something *constructive* to say, by all means, say it, but please leave your childish, condescending, arrogant, sour-grapes attitude and remarks in your own yard.

Thank you
What box???

TimeVirus

Beating the slaves is the best way to increase production. Flog on Major!