• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Switching shields problem

Started by RocketmanX, February 29, 2004, 03:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketmanX

I mentioned this in the irc channel last night but i thought maybe I should post as a reminder. In my first game I had upgraded my warriors in the kiln to stasis shields and then decided later that I needed absorption but I couldn't pick up the crates that I dropped. I just blipped over them like you do when your at full hull and ammo and try to pick up a pod.

Commando

Were you in assault mode when you tried to pick up the crate?  The game won't allow you to pick up crates when your ship is in assault mode.

RocketmanX

newb alert! lol

yep didn't even notice that, sorry , nm, ill be over here in the corner contemplating some sort of file attrocity. wake me up when the game starts...

Marksman

Just out of curiosity, why can't you pick up crates in assault mode?
Is there some cheat this is designed to prevent, or some internal inconsistency that it steps around? :?

appel

I believe that in 1.2 when you picked up boxes in assault mode you got weapons in combat mode. You needed to morph to combat mode and the again to assault mode to enable the assault mode weapon.