• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Editor Crash

Started by AlbinoPenguin, March 01, 2004, 04:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbinoPenguin

Well, I was going some work in the editor just before.

1) Open Editor
2) Open quarry.bzn from data folder, save under a different name in addon
3) Alt tab because I remembered a line of code I forget in the dll for the make, changed it in MSVC++ 6 Pro, I didn't compile it.
4) Alt tab back into the editor

Uh oh!

The screen in flickering very badly, almost like when u run some old dos games, but windows doesn't quite like how it handles the graphics. Tried to eixt before I got to much of a headache, but no luck. It simple stalled on confirming exit :(

Aegeis

Yes i get that as well.  I can never alt tab out of bz2 for anything.  It has to do with your gfx drivers.  Well at least it had to do with mine.  When I first started testing 1.3 back when I could easily alt tab out and come back with no problems, then i updated the drivers for the vid card and now I can't tab out at all, I get the same black/flickering screen and I have to end the game immediately.  Change to a different driver version for your gfx card and it should fix the issue.  I guess I could of rolled back my driver to the older but I figured I would have no real need to tab out of a game anyways.

AlbinoPenguin

I just tested in 1.3 proper(not the editor), and it worked prefectly. So, hy the difference for the editor?

:?

AlbinoPenguin

I just tested in 1.3 proper(not the editor), and it worked prefectly. So, hy the difference for the editor?

:?

OvermindDL1

When I alt-tab, on occasion, not all the time, the text will dissapear, buttons, in-game, everywhere, beyond that, alt-tab works for me both in MP and editor builds.