• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

why r u deleting post???

Started by FRYIN_PAN, February 29, 2004, 05:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptPicard

I load up 1.3 every now and then to just see how many people are playing it. All I see are maybe 2 MPI games with maybe 2 people in each with names I've never seen b4 (I have played a hell of a lot of 1.2 over the years) and maybe 1 with the experimental recycler option trying to change the physics back, the rest of the games which are thieving are 1.2 stock and ZST maybe a couple of FE games. Hmm, as Phaser also said I would have thought that with this long anticipated patch we all would be playing it. I for one even with the 'experimental mod' will not play 1.3 ever because the physics are still not right in my opinion.

Imagine now that in the shell there was an option for 1.2 physics and the beta 1.3 physics (as I suggested in my first post on these boards but was considered a trouble maker and was ignored), I bet that 90% of our small community would be playing 1.3 and there would be a lot of positive feed back much like what you were hoping.

Please make an option in the shell that switches the physics back and forth and I for one would be so happy or at the very least please let us know how to make a patch for us players that want 1.2 physics (experimental rec is not sufficient).

P.S. this is my last post here unless something positive starts to happen about this issue, I can't be bothered with short sightedness and lack of compromise.

OvermindDL1

The physics are KenCode© and are so integrated into the engine there is about as much chance as being able to switch between multiple physics types as there are some of the people here becoming intellegent.  To be able to switch between physics types would have required BZ2 to have been built very differently from how it is, it would be about easier to rewrite most of it then attempt to add in that capability.

Quote from: CaptPicardP.S. this is my last post here unless something positive starts to happen about this issue, I can't be bothered with short sightedness and lack of compromise.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

All this griping about physics is like complaining that the color of your new Rolls Royce sucks.  It's such a gem under the hood yet everyone concentrates on things that the Community COULD HAVE changed to suit tastes.  The engine is SO much better given 1.3 that each Clan could have it's own tailor made Recy to play with.   All it would have taken is a simple ODF pack to put things back to 1.2 performance (damn close, anyway) for "Vet Play".  

Instead we have whiners constantly pounding away about hovering.  We have those who try it once and toss it away because it's different.  We have everyone refusing to test it and help nail down the FEW remaining bugs.

If medicine had that kind of community we'd still be shaking rattles when we got sick.  The Space Program wouldn't even have made it to monkeys yet.  We'd all be in Europe still if Colombus had this crew.

Short sighted, selfish, arrogant fools who don't know what's important....

I'm tired...

-Av-

Lizard

I'm with avatar I'm sick and tired of the whole damn lot of you , fair enough you wanna see this community die , don't let me stop you .

And don't fool yourself into believing that what you are doing isn't killing this community because it is , and it's as plain as the nose on your face . Don't come here and complain about 1.3 if you never had any intention of giving it a chance ( because it's quite obvious you never had any such intention) , to give something a chance you need to try it more than a couple of times . All you seem to want to do is mindlessly attack those that were trying to do their best for this game , and don't give me that bull crap about vets keeping this game alive , you've done more to stifle it than you can possibly ever imagine , with you blinkered single track view of what this game should be . All you vets ever do is complain and whine cos about things you don't like and fling insults at people , it's pathetic you act like spoiled brats .

By the way do you understand what the word BETA means , or is that just a little too many letters to get your heads around ?

Anyway I've had enough of it I'm sick to death of the damn lot of you , you've dragged this community down into the dirt and destroyed any chance of getting a decent update for this game , you make me sick .

deadscion

Quote from: Avatar
Quote from: CaptPicardP.S. this is my last post here unless something positive starts to happen about this issue, I can't be bothered with short sightedness and lack of compromise.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

All this griping about physics is like complaining that the color of your new Rolls Royce sucks.  It's such a gem under the hood yet everyone concentrates on things that the Community COULD HAVE changed to suit tastes.  The engine is SO much better given 1.3 that each Clan could have it's own tailor made Recy to play with.   All it would have taken is a simple ODF pack to put things back to 1.2 performance (damn close, anyway) for "Vet Play".  

Instead we have whiners constantly pounding away about hovering.  We have those who try it once and toss it away because it's different.  We have everyone refusing to test it and help nail down the FEW remaining bugs.

If medicine had that kind of community we'd still be shaking rattles when we got sick.  The Space Program wouldn't even have made it to monkeys yet.  We'd all be in Europe still if Colombus had this crew.

Short sighted, selfish, arrogant fools who don't know what's important....

I'm tired...

-Av-

knock it off Avatar!! These guys took away not only hover, but some of the agility, none of the current MODs will work on it or shell enhancements , the editor is a seperate executable and very inconvenient to use if you have minor tweeking to do on your map, very little of 1.3 is 1.2 compatible.

When new Mods are released which is 3 to 6 months after the final version, they will only work on 1.3 and in an environment which the public has not been allowed any opinion or choice. In fact the experimental recycle variant means nothing if they are too determined to stamp on hover.

So it's not surprising the public is pissed at these guys for closing them out.

Now you expect public exceptance for something they were not allowed to discuss. Things don't work that way.

1.3 will not be accepted by the public until the public is allowed to convene and properly discuss what is acceptable.

This is the bottom line regardless of what I think or you think.

stinky

IMO I really like 1.3 and congrats to Ken and Nathan for their hard work. They've added so much more functionality to the game, giving us more things to toy with in bz2. Fixed a heap of bugs - esp that win2k bug, it really got on my nerves. Now all this flaming and whatever uncivil behaviour will eventually spilt the community if not already. From the looks of things, inf flying will never return through the physics code. I don't see the need for such over reactions for the changes to the handling of scouts. Maybe you need to get familiar with the many other ships available to you or just give the 1.3 scout a go and practice in it. I agree that the 1.3 scouts do feel somewhat sluggish though, but I don't care all that much I will get used to it eventually.

The recycler option seems like a good idea at trying to get the 1.2 handling back in the 1.3 ships if you can't get used to playing well in the stock 1.3 scouts - but ODFs do have their limits.

Lizard

Oh here we go again , that parasite cry baby deadscion spreading more of his poisonous filth , just we all need right now .

Well screw that stay here and bitch aslong as you want , I'm leaving the carcass of this community to rot , have fun vultures maybe you'll find a few scraps of flesh to pick off the bones but I doubt it , this place is finnished .

deadscion

The bottom line is the public was not allowed a voice in this and now the public will not accept it until they are allowed a voice in this.

Debating the issues of merit, virtue, accomplishments and reasoning are a waste of time.

Nobody is wrong here, just not agreeing the way they should.

deadscion

Quote from: LizardOh here we go again , that parasite cry baby deadscion spreading more of his poisonous filth , just we all need right now .

Well screw that stay here and bitch aslong as you want , I'm leaving the carcass of this community to rot , have fun vultures maybe you'll find a few scraps of flesh to pick off the bones but I doubt it , this place is finnished .

Now this is real intelligent.

Again DS, not important.

I feel like a Borg.  Discussion is irrelevant.  Agility, hovering, etc. irrelevent.  Input was irrelevant.  Them being pissed is irrelevant.

Agility? Hovering?  It's all fluff.  Paint.  Leather trim and chrome.

The important thing is the chassis.  The engine.  1.3 is infinitely superior in that regard.  The rest could have been/can be 'fixed' to match whatever you want.  Well, maybe, if Nathan isn't thoroughly pissed and tossing the whole thing.

I have whole armies wandering around doing VERY fun things.  The Olympians have long range sniper rifles, 10-use jetpacks, commandable squads of infantry. Their Scouts can do nose stands all day long when not going into orbit. They're VERY fun to fly.  Toss in pilotable Bombers, commandable Infantry Squads, and a host of other things that only work in 1.3 and you can see why I understand how irrelevant stock unit physics is...

Stiff?  Less agile?  We could have fixed that easily...  *sigh*

You as a modder should know that.  These guys that are whining should listen and understand that.

They can be childish and toss it away.  It's not like there's a LOT of people playing BZ2 anyway.  I don't know why Nathan and Ken even bothered.

So tired.  Shouldn't post when tired.  Bedtime.

I think I'm taking a vacation from here for a bit.  Maybe the children will leave while I'm gone...

-Av-

CmptrWz

Lets look at this from Deadscion's point of view:

Deadscion assumes that in order for nathan to quell flying odf params have to be restricted. Thus, forcing units to be sluggish.

Unfortunetly, Deadscion doesn't realize that through subtle tweaking of the way the options work the sluggishness can be removed while removing the ability to hover as well. Thus, you could have a ship that is ten times faster then a scout that still can't do an infinite hover.

But Deadscion was never much of a programmer, apparently. Or a modder. Otherwise he would have realized that the reverse thruster had the same thing done to it. Make it so you quadruple the reverse thruster strength and you still can't fly with it like you could in 1.2. Yet it is still four times stronger.

I'm so tired I just thought of something that may have been missed...

Everyone complaining of ship slugishness DID go in and make sure their control sensitivity is set the same?  As before?  As 1.2?  Especially if they're running from a new install...

I have six installs of BZ2 and had to reset it each time.

'Cause if you're still set like this it's no wonder they seem sluggish...

-Av-

OvermindDL1

Heh, I have some of my percentages set around 300% :P

appel

I got all set at 1000% and pitch at 220%...only way to play :)

deadscion

Public opinion irrelevent Avatar? euuww Glad I didn't say that,,,,,

Wz can say anthing he wants I done care.