• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Smarter Service Trucks in IA

Started by lasorjolt, February 29, 2004, 09:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasorjolt

Is it possible to get all 3 variants of the service truck, the normal truck , the smarter truck, and the hyper truck, in IA without modifying any of the ODFs in instant action? I don't want to cause bad assets when I play with friends. I can see uses with all 3 of those trucks.

Aegeis

Do you mean MPI?  In instant action those files are purely local so you can never play an instant action map with someone else in the game with you.  If you meant MPI then yes all three truck variants are in the insane recycler along with other goodies!

Commando

I personally wish the IA code supported the same options as MPI.  I would have added in those options like I did for MPI.  GreenHeart was already in the process of adding those options until it was discovered that the listbox would be blank.

I wouldn't count on those features being supported in IA because the ai maps would have to be remade.

There may be a way to specify which recycler will be loaded in ia maps in the map's inf file.  If not, you may have to stick with instant action.

OvermindDL1

Only difference between starting an IA, and going to multi->lan->MPI is you can cheat in IA, just play an MPI by yourself and you have all the options then :)

Commando

You lack the ability to pause in MPI if you have to do something for an extended period of time.  You also lack the ability to save in case you have to quit for an extended period of time.  The one player max, helps make it like instant action, but those reasons listed above, are the reasons I mainly play IA while looking for bugs.