• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Audio leakage

Started by aougli, March 01, 2004, 10:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aougli

There is often occasional leakage of audio in games, most noticably with builder/constructor voice confirmations.  So if you are not the commander, you still might hear "Construction complete".  Sometimes even the other team might hear your team's different race builder saying something.

Possibly this is due to some sort of lag.  One point to note is that as 1.3 seems to be better at dealing with lag, people may take that gain not to improve network performance but to increase the availability of game participants, so having the same network performance but an increased pool of players.  This is still a gain though.

Acer

QuoteThere is often occasional leakage of audio in games, most noticably with builder/constructor voice confirmations. So if you are not the commander, you still might hear "Construction complete". Sometimes even the other team might hear your team's different race builder saying something.
I`ve experrinced that aswell. It happened twice the first time i was an isdf thug and i heard the other team`s constructor (they were scion) voice. the second time i was again an isdf thug and heard the constructor voice, cant tell wich team`s as both were isdf.

Commando

Hearing the opposint team's units usually occurs during a resync.

TimeVirus

I killed an enemy commanders power and was instantly rewarded with the message "power lost". This is not a good thing in team strats. No resynchs involved.