• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Experiment Recycler Variant

Started by GreenHeart, March 01, 2004, 10:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BZZERKER

Seems ppl have fogotten the BZ timeline :roll:

MowerMan

Scout, I'm not going to explain how fields work again, and the obvious field we are talking about here is gravity.  In other words Sonic, the hover effect is working against gravity, which does not drop off for thousands of meters for objects of planetary mass.

Agouli is correct it's silly to point to atmospheric craft and expect them to predict BZ2 craft dynamics.  BZ2 craft operate independant of atmospheres (the craft also normalize the local gravitation to earth-mass, so every planet's gravity feels the same).

Sonic

MowerMan, despite what theories we could cook up on how hover works, the developers of the game are the ones that determin the "Laws" of the game.  In this case inf hovering is a bug and it is NOT going to be allowed to be added by a mod or Recy Varient.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

MowerMan

You are like talking to a brick, Sonic!

Sonic

If I recall, you were the same way back in the Smart Service Truck Discussion.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Fishbone

Risa: regarding the link to the thread on the loc board:
10*Gauge is just too stupid to find his own posts. We never deleted any of them.

EDIT: here the link to it:
http://bzuniverse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1593&start=100
scroll down a bit.

PhoeniX-FlamE

we never said u delted it.. i just think pyro (risa) havnt saw it... i wanted to tell him no need to put the loc link because it is alreadyt on this boards

MowerMan

Indeed Sonic you bring up another fine example of how it is impossible for you to understand science, engineering, or logic.

Risa

didn't say it wasnt here, just didn't wanna look for it Fish  :P

Fishbone

Thanks for clearing that up. I am sick and tired of people accusing me of deleting posts.  :beerchug:

Fried

well u may note that as is there are still more 1.2 games being played than 1.3 even with the hover reccy as is.

Fair chance that if the hover reccy is removed then even less 1.3 games will be online.

Lizard

with some of the awesome new mods being developed for 1.3 , players will be missing out on a helluva a lot more than hovering if they stick to 1.2 .

Fried

I should imagine people will still have a 1.3 installed lizard and play the mods that will be released
but as for the strat community you know even now as is, the fe strat player group is small compared to the 1.2 strat player group (FE being the mod)

Personally i like 1.3 mpi's though i normally play these alone.
To dogfight combat etc i like 1.2 physics it's a real buzz and the buzz that has kept me playing bz2 when 2-3 years ago i became bored with g66 ,modai mpi's ,instants and SP.

appel

So, 1 more year until final 1.3 is released and then another 6 months for the mods to be developed? Not being too unrealistic am I? So, in 2006 we can expect 1.3 to be as popular as 1.2?  :o

Commando

I thing fixing the strafe thrusters while in air will cause more harm than good to be honest.  Fixing it so it wouldn't cut out when your ship is level would be difficult to do.  If the thrusters are cut out period, you'll be a sitting duck while in the air.

I like the current physics since they remind me of Battlezone's physics.  

Leaving in the thruster bug may be a good idea.  That way modders could mod flying units.  That way the vets can play their own 1.3 mod, if they choose to play 1.3 at all, and others could play with the official recyclers.  Currently the physics are pretty much fixed for stock ships.  The only problematic ship is the mortar bike.