• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Assault tanks with blast + mdm

Started by appel, March 01, 2004, 03:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appel

They don't seem to attack a target, they shoot one mdm and then they just dont do anything more.

Aegeis

It could be its not detonating the mdm?  But then I thought you could volley like 5 of those things before it stopped shooting so you could let those first 5 explode.

technoid

Yeah, the detonation did not get applied or maybe they ran out of ammo.  Best thing to try is to give them a Hold command and that should reset the manual detonate switch. Then tell them to shoot again at whatever. Same thing can happen in 1.2.

appel

Nah...full ammo, it tried to shoot another tank, missed with the mdm, and then the tank just stood right in front of the assault tank without shooting anything.

technoid

Ok.  Well, MDM is somewhat tricky with AI because they don't know what the hell to do with switching.  It's all random at best.  Same thing applies to Mag and I'm sure everyone has observed that.  I don't think anything's been done better with AI in that respect for 1.3, i.e. thinking on their own on how to use toggling ordnance.  I guess normal mortar would have to suffice if you want good AI handling.

Red Devil

MDM will stop shooting when 5 mortars are left unexploded. To help get around that:

- Dropped lifeSpan of mdmgun.odf (MDM Mortar shell) from 1e30 seconds
(billions of years) to 5 minutes. This should help stray MDM shells
get off the map eventually. [NM]

To get around that, just let one MDM hit you once in awhile.   :D

Perhaps the time limit could be reduced some?
What box???