• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Flying towards an edge of a hill

Started by appel, March 01, 2004, 04:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

appel

I'm trying to fly from one hill to the edge of another hill, in 1.2 I would normally make it, but in 1.3 the edge of the target hill seems to push me away from it.

You can test this in Hilo, you go to the bottom and use the hill there to get enough air to fly to the edge of the upper level.

appel

Quote from: appelI'm trying to fly from one hill to the edge of another hill, in 1.2 I would normally make it, but in 1.3 the edge of the target hill seems to push me away from it.

You can test this in Hilo, you go to the bottom and use the hill there to get enough air to fly to the edge of the upper level.

I just wanted to get some comments on this. Has this been *discovered*? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Spawn

this happens to me a lot any time im flying.  Wheather 1.2 or 1.3.  I think it has to do with how you flew too well, and converted all your foward momentum into upward, and in a way that is cant really last for long, so i guess its more of you really screwed up on flying.

appel

It is a lot different in 1.3, you basicly get pushed away from the edge of the hill you're trying to get on top on. It doesn't behave like this in 1.2.

Angstromicus

http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2352, there's a topic mentioning what you are having trouble with. It's a 1.3 bug.

OvermindDL1

Its not exactly a bug... you get pushed away from ground, ergo when you get to close to the hill, you get pushed, just don't get so close....

Aegeis

Yes but this breaks the fun factor of the game especially when running away from people trying to chase you.  Its no fun having extra factors which weren't there before hindering your escape even more.

technoid

OM, so what again is the purpose of this pushaway?  It is rather annoying.  It's like trying to climb over a short invisible edgewall.  Maybe if my Sabre had some hands on its underside.

Spawn

heh, do a backflip and youll stick to it  :lol:

Angstromicus

This "factor" is more serious than you think.  It can form a 50 meter high wall at its most. It's a bad bug, and needs to be fixed.

Spawn

just dont press jump, or go more horizotal...

Scout

the way i saw it was, bz2 measures the hieght of your ship from the ground from the center of your ship.. just your pretty basic average phyicswhen your trying to get onto a hill.. say jumping from hill top to hill top in DM titan it would seem the hover height thing catches on the side hill your trying to jump to, and you start rolling down...

ever tried battlezone1  leap of faith dm? or raverace dm?

in these levels are some very vivid demonstrations of what your talking about appel.

What seems to look like you can "gap" you cant..  the fronthalf of your ship is on the hill and going forward like it could carry itself up but the hieght from ground measurement thing is reading the terrain down below you and thinks your still falling. 1.2 had more momentium i guess and or some other differences between 1.2 and 1.3..

Angstromicus

oh yeah I forgot to mention that scout. Anyway, why would the hover height "be a part of the ship"?