• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Evolving 1.3 tacitcs

Started by Giguana, February 29, 2004, 06:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giguana

I would like to hear everyones opinion of how games have changed and how there own strat tactics have changed since 1.3. Mostly I want to hear about new and exciting tactics. I think 1.3 gives us far more options as far as MP strat tactics to pull off.

Can't wait for all the Scions to come back in full swing like they were in 1.0

Actually I don't think the Scions have been helped all that much by 1.3.  Archers are actually somewhat useful now as they tend to path and hit better.  Some complaints have been raised as to how smooth the view inside the Mauler is, and that it might lead to their overuse in Strat... However, I think having them higher up the tech tree will take care of that...

The AI's overall skill increase makes for some interesting effects.  You can't crowd out Treaded Rocket Tanks, they'll toast you regardless.  VIR and RED actually help in the field now when up against those monsters.  

Balance is a big issue, and overall I think Defense in 1.3 was raised a notch or two.  Much of the longevity of the game depends on the base D and how well it's maintained, which is sharply affected by your choice of Turret and Service Truck AI via the Recycler/Turret choices in "Advanced Options".

-Av-

technoid

FYI, you can drive Archers now.  I'm sure most of the public may have not figured that out yet.  :)

GSH

I believe maulers are in the same place in the tech tree in 1.3 as in 1.2. For a while, they were bumped up for no good reason (I didn't suggest or do that change), and they were pulled back months ago.

-- GSH

Tempest Storm

They were brought back down, they were origionally put up because they were available when the Quill weapon was not available in the tech tree. I like it the way it is now, although with the 0 "turbulence" with the Mauler as a Human, it may make Human piloted Maulers overpowered, we will see as time passes ofcourse though.

Hmmm, I only get Maulers when I've got Kiln, Stronghold and Antenna?  That's about as high up the tree as you can get for Scions...  I didn't realize they were 'dropped' at all, but don't see how they can get much higher.  Maybe I'm 'membering wrong, I am old you know...

:)

I still feel bad for the Scions.  They still feel 'undone' to me as far as variety of units.  

-Av-

IceWendigo

I dont know if it's just incredible stroke of luck on the AI part or if the scavengers were actually controlled by the AI to do this on purpose, but I sniped a an enemy guardian turret deploying next to the enemy Matriarch and hopped in for fun. I started shooting the matriarch out of curiosity and the 3 scavengers actually surrounded the guardian I was in, soaking up the damage while the scion was ...building a scout or something, anyway by the time I had company I had not damaged the Matriarch much because of the scavengers surrounding me like a football team  :o  :D  

I have also seen an assault where the AI sent a scav in front of tanks to soak a bit of damage.
I have used the smart scav(or something) AI setting, I saw other AI settting but since I wasnt sure what they would do I didnt try them yet.

So far I have not seen the AI use specials much (at all yet),  like blink, or phantom, or sabre tanks using mortars, etc. But I've not played enough game to get a representative picture. If there were an option (in the many option screens which I love) to boost the AI's 'use' of specials I would most certainly crank it up. Tonight I'll try to see if there are settings to increase the ai's use of tech.

Scout

noobs like billy wont hovar whore as much? :P

PhoeniX-FlamE

scions maulers tech is fine as it is.. just like 1.2...

its much easier for isdf to dominate the field before scions have weapons...
and getting weapons for isdf is again - easier at start...

getting mauelrs in a strat game with all the vets will be realy hard for you...
feel free to try :)