• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Odd freeze in IA

Started by Weevil, March 01, 2004, 05:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weevil

Just experienced a strange freeze playing on the map 'Fortress' in IA mode; Settings: Scion vs Scion, Difficulty hard, Computer force: large, player force: small
- The game went on for already quite some time without anyproblems: fps constant at about 80 fps. Then, at some point; my base and forces (The screenshotslinked below will give you an impression) were already quite developped, But then, suddenly, during a masssive assault of the CPU force (with loits of maulers and archers) the fps suddenly dropped down to 2-6 and the screen, expect for the shell, went blue. all shell commands still worked (though kinda slow, due to the fps;  giving commands was also possible, but the units didn't return any comments, and I guess, iff there was still a game going on, they wouldn't have reacted), but moving, firing etc. didn't seem to work. AfterwardsI left the game without probems via the abort button. I guess, it was some kind of  AI-issue....
Here are 2 screenies of the situation: http://www.freewebs.com/weevil/BZ2error.JPG
and half a minute afterwards:
http://www.freewebs.com/weevil/BZ2error2.JPG

and here's also the complete logfile:
http://www.freewebs.com/weevil/Error_from_march1st.log

Hope that helps...

Another little bug I noticed: although the player's new collision system seems to work flawlessly so far, I've seen some weird behaviour of enemy units during that game: at least twice, enemy scavs got stock right in some ruins, and also at leat twice, maulers crashed right into - I mean, just through the wall - my dower.

Thx;
Weevil

GSH

A savegame that demonstrated the problem would have been most useful in figuring out the root cause.

-- GSH

Weevil

Ooops, sry. Didn't think of that...   I'll remember for next time.

PhoeniX-FlamE

that happend alot in 1.2... i think its alot of data that at some point your computer explodes...

i think that even if u do save game but restart your bzone it'll work fine...
have u tried playing another game without restarting bz?
i think it would've been the same... its realy annoying.. dont know if it can be fixed though - cause i dont think any1 will know where to start... (althought maybe this info will help you...)
GL

p.s
it happends rarly so i think we can somehow live with it.. just restarting bzone will do.. annoying but not everything can be perfact ;)

Weevil

Nope, didn't try to start another match before shutting down BZ2.
I already experienced much worse in BZ2, so I definitely can live with it ^^
The reason for me posting it was just because I hadn't seen that specific kind of bug ever before. and when i read the line:

FIXME: tracked physics going to bezerk line 650{
1.#R from    1.#R    1.#R    1.#R)

-Especially the word 'Fix me' - I thought it might have been something that has just been forgotten to complete.

Thx for your info, btw  :cool:

GSH

It's something that needs work, to be sure. However, how it got into such a state is currently a mystery. I made that message so that people would see that something has gone drastically wrong, and it'll need fixing.

A savegame that demonstrates it would be very useful.

-- GSH

PhoeniX-FlamE

i dont think a savegame would've worked...
as long as u restart your bzone it gets fixed... i think its 2 much elemets that the program / windows just freaks...

im not sure if ull be able to fix it... i think its something with the whole engine

GSH

Don't talk to me about what's wrong with the engine (I can list a hundred things in 5 minutes). Try being helpful.

-- GSH