• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Team Killing

Started by kylite, February 29, 2004, 03:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylite

Alright iv spent the last 2 hours in 5 games.  each game wasn an MPI human vs pc.  each game some smart ass logs in and starts nukeing the human teams base and because hes on the human team the base aint fightin back.  Can we get an option for MPI games that friendly fire is an option or team kill punish option.  either would be nice.

id love to her opinions on this.  so please flame/reply away

What about just /kick ing the idiot?  Grab his IP and add it to the ban list.

(there's an IP ban list now, btw)

:)

-Av-

GSH

You can also /ban them (extra form of kick). That prevents them from rejoining that server until the server quits to windows.

-- GSH

kylite

i understand that therew is a ban and kick list but problem is people with dial up or firewalls can change their ip and by the time u ban them the dmaage is already done and the pc makes quick work of whats left.  we really need a friendly fire option.

Patriarch

Any kind of auto enemizing of team killers would just provide opportunities for other kinds of griefing.  They always find a way.  A team killer could tick off your gun towers so that they focus on him instead of the attacking force.  That would be a bad thing.

Best to ban them or kick them, and password the game to keep them out.

Maybe friendly fire would be a good idea for nonpassworded games, to hinder the users that just change their IDs or IPs.  Are other kinds of exploits possible with this?

kylite

thats what im hopeing for.  I know its asking alot but the gents responsible for 1.3 are doing a great job so im sure their always up for good suggestions :)

option requested: friendly fire

Tempest Storm

Pretty sure it could be easily done, not positive, but they made damage modifiers for DM so I don't see why it would be so hard to make one that goes on and off from 100% to 0% only on units on the teams allied to the player.

GSH

A multiplier is easy; it doesn't matter where it came from. It's harder to track down teams over multiple possible stages of ownership and ordnance.

-- GSH

PhoeniX-FlamE

team kill kicks and auto bans? or making you enemy? i think its bad idea..

if u wanna test some stuff... or just dont feel like waiting for that unit to recycle itself or sending to enemy baes... and u need the scrap where its standing for lets say a bomber... u have 80 scrap and u have mortar bike in the middle  of a large map...

i would've killed it if i had scanvege near by..

DarkFox

agreed, I've shot up *far* too many ow my own dowers (in order to rebuild them in the centre of the map), to vote for this suggestion going ahead.

kylite

im not saying make it manditory for every game, just make it an option.  not asking kicks or bans, just friendly fire (for thos eof us who prefer not to shoot down our own forces)

Black Hunter

Perhaps the "enemizing" of malicious players should be left up to the Commander. It would be neat to have a command option you can enter that sets those trigger-happy psychos as rogue units. So the nest time your wingmen keep shooting up your base despite your objections or snipe you (which is pretty hard to do by accident), "/traitor *insert name*" would make their lives a little more interesting. ;)