• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Serving Notice...

Started by Red Devil, March 03, 2004, 03:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoeniX-FlamE

its not that.. but deleting our posts???
igonoring - bah alright but u dont have to say it here on public
and well dont wanna be rude or something but i dont think you have as much as repution tank have among the vet bz2 players

MowerMan

Well I think Tanks post is stupid and ridiculous.  Of course I appreciate all the work Ken and Nathan have put into this game upaid.  But we still are not all sheep (not ALL anyway), and if one respectfully expresses an opinion around here that does no coincide with some of the individualy on the development team, it shouldn't be greeted sanctioned insults and barbs (which I will personally return with greater firepower).

Slaor

You know, however much it might cause me actual physical pain to agree with Mower on anything (j/k Mower, peace mate), the bit about respectfully expressing an opinion pretty much sums up what this thread is all about. It's not the dissenting opinions that is the problem - that's one of those special things that makes us as humans (and BZ2 players) seperate and distinct from, well, sheep (and Quake players).

The key word here is respect. And I don't mean the kind of respect that you are required to show your boss - I mean the kind of respect that is warranted by the sheer sweat and tears that goes into making things like 1.3 happen. Similar in fact to the kind of respect that should be shown by default to the guys whose creative genius have kept us all rapt for near on 5 years while other games fall by the wayside.

1.3 might be free to all of us, but I KNOW it cost Nathan and Ken and the guys on the dev/beta team a helluva lot more than that. If that isn't reason enough to be courteous and constructive rather than spout mindless abuse then go play Quake.

Slaor

PS Huscar, don't worry mate, your posts offend nobody who isn't already groping around for reasons to be offended.

Bull

Quoteand if one respectfully expresses an opinion around here that does no coincide with some of the individualy on the development team, it shouldn't be greeted sanctioned insults and barbs

This part of MM's post is well put - the respect should be shown on both sides. Hopefully some decent compromise can be made if this is achieved.
Flaming peoiple of different views ain't going to help.

PhoeniX-FlamE

if tank sais something for me its worth giving another check... when ppl that i dont know or w/e tell me something ill say "wtf?"
tank is a player the vets will listen to - i didnt say do w/e he said but i said they will listen to...

difrent things from following and listening

i agree there is no respect here... probably cause 1.3 moto is click me

spaceavenger

I'm 38, very mature adult who likes BZ2 alot.  I never post but read alot.
I re-activated my account to say this.
Children, granted our society does not encourage respectfull behavior, you should still try to have some for the incredible developers here.  So stop acting like brats, grow up.

Moderator, I am a user at 3000ad.com and a fan of the Battlecruiser series, Derek Smart would of never never tolerated these kiddies.  You are forgiving enough to serve them notice though, that is nice.

Battlezone 2 is too incredible of a game for any slander on these boards.  I suggest anyone doing so take a long look in the mirror, a really long look.

My 2 cents,
Al.

Slaor

You know, I knew this [hovering] would be a biggie, and am glad to see it winding down, but I really thought the 'enhanced' AI and Base D would be much more devastating to 'Vet Play'. I've yet to hear anyone making as big a deal about those topics as hovering. I think it's a silly thing to be stuck on....

Was gonna let this pass - but it speaks volumes don't you reckon?

BZ FeebleEffort

"You know, however much it might cause me actual physical pain to agree with Mower on anything (j/k Mower, peace mate), the bit about respectfully expressing an opinion pretty much sums up what this thread is all about. It's not the dissenting opinions that is the problem - that's one of those special things that makes us as humans (and BZ2 players) seperate and distinct from, well, sheep (and Quake players).

The key word here is respect. And I don't mean the kind of respect that you are required to show your boss - I mean the kind of respect that is warranted by the sheer sweat and tears that goes into making things like 1.3 happen. Similar in fact to the kind of respect that should be shown by default to the guys whose creative genius have kept us all rapt for near on 5 years while other games fall by the wayside.

1.3 might be free to all of us, but I KNOW it cost Nathan and Ken and the guys on the dev/beta team a helluva lot more than that. If that isn't reason enough to be courteous and constructive rather than spout mindless abuse then go play Quake."

Absolutely correct Slaor....Just remember, respect is a two way street...If we(the players) had been given a modicum of repect, than much of these debates, discussions discertaitions etc would have never ben necessary.

But the point is, Treat everyone, players, posters and Devs alike...and we'd all be a hell of alot further along.

Fried

I think you will find that the ai is a balance issue that hasnt been encroached upon , it does affect strat games though commanders can just load human wings with counters against ai ships,

we tried mass attacks from ai apc's the other night and it just turned into a roadkill (re running over apc commandos)

Bomber was fast but the bomb was easy to shoot.

AI sp sabres are a pain but they dont dodge mits that well or change to laser when u drop mcurtain.

Rckt tanks vir red field or mcurtain again
Mass mortar bikes can be trouble though more down to that warp problem

Red Devil

Well said, spaceavenger.  This is a private board, so I don't understand why these people who insult the developers are tolerated.

They may be some of the best BZ players in the world for all I care.  Having gaming skill - and the overinflated ego that sometimes accompanies it - does not give them a license to be irresponsible and disrespectful.

I say ban 'em/kick 'em and let 'em crap on their own carpets until they grow up and learn some respect.
What box???

Slaor

"If we(the players) had been given a modicum of repect, than much of these debates, discussions discertaitions etc would have never ben necessary."

FE, I'd respectfully argue that spending a few years of your own time fixing bugs in a 4+ year old, unsupported game is displaying slightly more than a modicum of respect and regard towards the players. Maybe I'm just old fashioned ;)

There's a whole buncha metaphors about horses that I could launch into here.

No matter how my personal opinions and ideologies might differ from those of Nathan (and they do ;)) my hat is well and truly and permanently off to the man. What he has given us here is priceless, not only in personal effort but in potential for the future of what is doubtless the BEST GAME IN THE WORLD. If, as a result I have to wear his judgement calls then bring it on, I'm a sixe XL.

Red Devil

Do BZ players deserve respect?  No.

What have we done to deserve respect?  Nothing.

We take advantage of the developers' donated time and effort and use it to feed ourselves, like parasites.

Do we stay up late and work weekends laboring through code looking for bugs until bleary-eyed? No.

Do we constantly suffer from insults about our donated work?  No.

Do we make difficult revisions to code late at night to add new features?  No.

Do we enjoy the fruits of their labor while he sweats?  Yes.

Do some hurl ignorant insults at him in spite of his efforts to make it better so you will gain more enjoyment from it?  Yes.

So tell me, what have we done that warrants respect?  Nothing.

What have Nathan and the rest of the developers done to earn respect.   Everything.

Do they get it?  No.

I don't blame Nathan for leaving one bit.  I truly hope he stays as far away from here as possible so that he isn't subjected to the moronic bleatings and insults of the ingrates any longer.

It only takes a few bad apples to spoil the barrel - and spoiled it has become.
What box???

Zero Angel

I think we get the point already, RD. Sounds as if everyone got it the moment that GSH made his post.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

PhoeniX-FlamE

hmm what post are u talking about?
i couldnt find it