• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Problem) Can't get a weapon do its thing

Started by Bull Dog, March 22, 2004, 01:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bull Dog

I am a weapon smith for bz2.  A while back a made a special that I called the Air Strike.  How it worked was after I dropped it a object like the solar flare was created.  It then spits out one splinter class round with a speed of zero.  One the splinter head is created the head raises it's self up 50m and spits out about 10 mortar type rounds that then fall to the ground.

So Mine dropped from tank > fires one splinter class mine > splinter head raises its-self up > then ejects 10 rounds.

I cant get the mine to make the splinter ordance.  Any ideas

Thnaks
Bull Dog

Black Hunter

Wut you're working on sounds very similar to some unreleased sat-strike weapons I tinkered with several years ago. The idea was to have an imaginary ship or satelite in orbit acquire a beacon you deploy and fire on it with either bigass guns or popper rounds, and it was loads of fun. Unfortunately, I never quite figured out how to get a single beam to shoot straight down to truly recreate the Ion Strike seen in C&C. This was before C&C Renegade came out, and I felt a little cheated after reading they had exactly wut I was trying to bring into BZ2. :p

Anyhoo, you would probably want to look over your ODFs again and try recreating the system from the stock Splinter exactly so it works before changing the effects and statistics, as it is concievable you may have created an error somewhere along the road. Also, check that nothing uses zero ammo, and that there is ammo in the preceeding ODFs, because the game would be unable to calculate how many rounds the air-borne round has to sqeeze off, and causes an AV. If you have any more questions, please ask.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Any work you do in this area would be appriciated, due to the fact that i am considering seeing if all the races can get a 'snatchal charge' type weapon in FE. As you may of read elsewere, i was considering the Hadeans having a 'mega-beam' weapon....not as powerful as the single player obviously.

Bull Dog

The thing is, that the weapon worked in 1.2 but not 1.3.  However, I'll check the odfs again.

If I had a dime for every one of my custom ODF's that worked in 1.2 but not 1.3 I could...

I could...

Well, it'd pay for dinner.  

:)

-Av-

Bull Dog

I got it working by copying the splinter odf from the 1.3 patch pak.  Dunno what it fixed tho.  Now I just need to make it so the mine does not spit out three heads.

Modding Woes