• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 problems

Started by night walker, March 03, 2004, 05:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

night walker

so now that i have bz2 installed in program files/battlezone 2----i need to install it again into program files/bz2 or something and then install the 1.3 to that 1?

Zero Angel

QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

night walker

ok what i did was i put the cd in and i clicked on reinstall so i figure i would just reinstall it to that new folder and it closed and dint do anything.  Do i have to uninstall it from the origanal folder its in now and clear that folder and then install it to program files/ bz2 and install 1.3 there and then install it again to the origanal directory?  or is it something else like can i copy everything from the battlexone folder into the new folder i created

night walker

and now that 1.3 is out when is epic coming out and when is starfleets 0.8 comin out

Zero Angel

Doesnt work, eh? Maybe the CD is scratched.

OK, here is the quick and dirty way to make another BZ2 install.

- Make a copy of your Battlezone II folder
- Rename the copy to Version1.3 or bz2, or whatever you want.
- Then install 1.3 into the new BZ2 install you made.

Quoteand now that 1.3 is out when is epic coming out and when is starfleets 0.8 comin out
When they're done. News is that both MODs are waiting for this patch to become final before they are released, so you will have to be waiting awhile.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Slaor

Can't speak for SF but Epic is coming out when its ready. Now that 1.3 is done I at least know what it is that I am developing for - it doesn't mean that it is automatically finished. Patience Grasshopper.

night walker

ok what i did was a made a new folder and named it bz2 and then i copied all of the files in my battlezone folder to that 1 and i tried to install 1.3 to that directory and 1.3 said i had to install the patch into the directory i installed that game to. so i installed 1.3 to the orianal girectory thinkign that i would just install fe and sf to the new folder i mad.  after i installed the 1.3 to the orianal folder it opened it and it worked and all but then i tried to open the game in the new folder i mad by clicking the bzone icin and all and it said that it could not open because of some dll file missing.

im thinking i might just have to scratch the 1.3 idea and stick with 1.2 and put my mods there and wait for the patches to come out before i try to put 1.3 in

Bull

It's a little confusing night walker,but not that bad. BTW, it tells you NOT to install over the 1.2 patch, I believe.
For me, the reinstall function worked, having 1.2 in already. I just changed it's default directory install and later applied the patch.

night walker

i decided to not install the 1.3 for now and wait for starfleets 0.8 that is compatible and wait for fe's patch to make it compatible before i install it again.  But i have 1 more ?.  I used to have a mod....but i cant remember what the name of it was.....but i played it alot at a map called "rat chill" and it was very challenging game.  i dont think it was very big but i do know that i got it at its own website i believe.  Has any 1 heard of it?

PhoeniX-FlamE

i have no clue what your talking about but a bit forsaken mod was Evil empire... never played it but it might that...

no clue where to get it.. although with the mod name u might find it easily

BZZERKER

Haven't played it either......BUT, you can get ithere along with practically every other mod.

Dirty Rooster

Nightwalker is talking about Rattler's own MODAI
instant action maps which were hosted on his own
website.
They made great use of stock units with modified
AIPlans.
Another good map in the series was Dunes-swapped-start.
Excellent work, bit like G66 without the new units or dlls.

night walker

yes that is it....does any know where i can get it because i dont believe bzscrap has it

PhoeniX-FlamE

night walker

At bz2md after i login, whjere do i go to look at their mids availible or search for this mo dim looking for?