• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Is this a bug ??????????

Started by Knight, March 18, 2004, 06:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knight

When i'm in the satalite view sometimes an enemy ship is destroyed on attack and the ejected pilot steals my parked vehicle.
 My GT's and tanks etc then attack him and destroy the vehicle he stole.
 Every single time this happens the game ends and I lose.
 This happens close to my position in the command center and the first few times i thought he'd shot me up. After a few times i started to wonder if it was a bug and the program thinks that it is me that dies in the stolen tank.
 Any ideas?
Knight

MowerMan

Ha ha ha ha!!!  Not a bug at all!  Next time take the keys with you!!!

That's happened to me dozens of time all the way back to BZ1.  Try parking you tank in a different spot.  Over water is always good, or on top of a building or inside a building.

No Mower, not the TankJacking...  ALL enemy pilots are TankJackers...  :)

The bug is the game ending when his tank is destroyed afterward...

Weird.  I'll have to try that.

-Av-

NukeDaddy

As I recall, this was happening to someone on the 5th FE mission.  GSH was aware of it at that time.

Commando

Was your ship near your pilot?  The mission probably ended because your own defenses killed your pilot while you were in the satellite view.  This happens a lot due to the splash damage from the gun towers plasma cannons and because the gun towers shoot at the player, in order to hit the enemy ship.

MowerMan

I still think it's not a bug, I think he gets killed by his own stolen ship.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

simple way to test, give the piolet invunerabilty....

And you seem to be missing the point Mowerman

Zero Angel

Yep, game.cheat bzbody , if its really a bug you should die anyways; I know that you can perma-die from being sniped even with the cheat on.

BTW, being able to perma-die after playing a mission for 45 minutes and forgetting to save is a drag isnt it? It would be nice if there was a 'force respawn' option in IA.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Knight

I considered that I could be dying from the blast of the destroyed stolen tank or stray plasma bu it always seems to happen the instant the enemy ai is blown up. It's too close to tell if it's from the blast radius. It happens in all the instant missions i've done.
 I'll test it more then.
 Knight

stinky

I remember the dangers of going into the relay bunker that's positioned near the GTs around my base. I'd rather build my first relay bunker out where i would make GTs, but once I have 1 GT up, I demolish my relay bunker and build another one inside my base, and make it so that there is nothing but GTs and STs near my base defence points. The first thing that happens when my tank is stolen ZAP! blast cannon in my back and i'm dead.....I will never get in relay's near GTs, only base relays.

Note about getting sniped in IA. If you get sniped in SP, you get spawned in the player.odf tank at the middle of map or pspwn_1.odf