• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

FE and 1.3

Started by Eraser, March 04, 2004, 01:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eraser

I've read FE isn't compatable at all.  Does that mean that I can't start it up and play SP or IA at all? or is it just a multiplayer problem?

Also about how long will it be before they will release the 1.3 fix for FE?

Commando

You can get FE to work with 1.3, if you understand how to use pak explorer.  You need to extract all of the cfg files from patch13.pak into FEAddon.  You will get single player working, but multiplayer will AV if when you try to leave the multiplayer screen.  There are some errors with the FE shell files that 1.3 doesn't like.

Once you get it working, there will be some issues with explosions and shield effects due to some enhancements in 1.3.

Aegeis

I got multiplayer to work however fempi is completely broken, possibly the dll is incompatible with 1.3.  Strategy games work however.

Commando

What did you do to get multiplayer working?  I was looking for the FE shell files, but I was unable to locate the multiple player shell files in fedata.pak.

TimeVirus

Some are in the Balance folder and some are in the RevC folder. The ones in RevC take priority over those in Balance.

Aegeis

I'd rather not let the cat out of the bag on this as ppl will start trying to get fe working then mees up and then start posting Oh this doesn't work and that doesn't work and since fe is not 1.3 supported yet just keep it on the down low till its right and ready.  That's just my thinking in the matter.  If you want me to tell how to do it I'll post it in the private board for you Commando.

Eraser

ok so I can play sp, i can use pakexplorer quite well, thanks.

Two other things, will coxxon's uler mod(with the missions in IA menu) work with 1.3 and will FE IA work correctly?

pharoh

FE+1.3= S**T

1.3 TOTALY SCREWED UP MY FE. HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN...1.3 SHOULD HAVE BEEN A UNIVERSAL THING.....AKA COMPATIBLE WITH MOST MODS...
BUT U MUST ADMIT THAT 1.3 IS STILL TIGHT

Lizard

Quote from: pharohFE+1.3= S**T

1.3 TOTALY SCREWED UP MY FE. HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN...1.3 SHOULD HAVE BEEN A UNIVERSAL THING.....AKA COMPATIBLE WITH MOST MODS...

Speaking as one of the FE developers you're having a laugh right????

It's the duty of mod makers to update their files for patch compatability not the other way around , and thats exactly as it should be .

Red Devil

Quote from: pharohFE+1.3= S**T

Seems like someone is paying the price for not looking before they leap...

Quoted from 1.3 Public Beta Announcement post:

QuoteIn addition, it is *highly recommended* that you install this patch to a directory with a fresh [re]install from CD to avoid problems from leftover MODs, etc. Please do NOT install over 1.2 if at all possible.
What box???

pharoh

hey now....i said it was tight...what else do you want from me. i hope you dont expect be to suck up and play "1.3 is the best in the world". and i did look before i leaped. the reason i sand what i said is because it undid alot of what i have put into FE*. that Pissed me off. i love 1.3,  to death almost but im going to state the facts: if your going to download 1.3 then prepare to tweak your files to death. (no prob though 1.3 is worth it.)

* my save games and ultimate bases costom maps ect.*

Slaor

No dramas dude, I'm sure FE will be 1.3 ready soon enough.

Eraser

back to my second question, how does FE IA work with the fix mentioned, and will the uler missions work correctly?

Slaor

haven't tested FE extensively (or at all) but am using a variant of FE IA with my testing - no ill effects so far.

Lizard

I see no real reason why the uler mod shouldn't work , but only testing will reveal whether or not it actually does , my bet is it will .