• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Buildings won't rotate; even with tilde key.

Started by Knight, March 07, 2004, 03:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knight

I pressed the tilde key when laying down a building but it still won't make the outline of it rotate.

Knight.

GJC

Hm, it works alright here. Maybe your keyboard is different.

FoxBlade

solve your problem: rotate yourself instead.

Tempest Storm

No, that doesn't work anymore... have you even played 1.3 PB FB?

FoxBlade

I have....apart from the flashing I noticed little difference.

Knight

Well i live in Korea now so my tilde key is on another key but that one doesn't work also.

-I must not use other peoples quotes, using other people's quotes is the originality killer (especially when they are 3 times longer than your own comments) the hand aquires speed, the pants aquire stains, the life aquires geekhood, i must not use other peoples quotes- . . . . er, me.

Knight.

Kalpa

The key you're supposed to press is to left from number 1 on keyboard (that is, above tab). But you probably knew that already :)

MowerMan

Yeah rotating yourself doesn't work anymore.  I was to the point where I didn't even have to look at the wireframe to know whichway the building would come out.  I only noticed when I was playing Scion, and all my spires were coming out witht eh lung facing out!!!

At least I caught on, and my tilde key works (I liked to just rotate myself, but if it makes satellite view work better then that is good).

Knight

My tilde key (left of 1) or any other doenst work.
It's very frustrating especiallyw whe i have to site  a factory with a blocked open end.
 Knight.

technoid

The building  structure directions are now based off the worldmap axis and not from your POV. That is, the buildings will alway build in the direction they are permanently rotated to, no matter if you change your pilot's or ship's visual direction.

Technically, the select-unit/rotate button is not the tilde key (~), but rather the beginning apostrophe (`).  If the tilde is above the apostrophe on the same button (on most U.S. 101-Key PC keyboards), then the tilde is actually < shift ` >.

I have no idea what kind of keyboard you are using Knight, but the best thing to try is to rebind it to another key and see if it works.  In the BZII menus, go to Options, then Input, then Command.  There you will find the key for Menu Extra.  Look and see what key it is presently bound to.  If you can find that character on your keyboard, you should be good to go.  Change that to another key if you like.  Remember that if you change that for Rotate, it's also the same key for selecting units or whatever else was used for the "tilde" in patch 1.2.