• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Scion Rights!

Started by AcneVulgaris, March 07, 2004, 10:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoeniX-FlamE

ya but u can get used to it

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

your points are good Silverb1rd, but  firstly the whole room in which the person is sitting does not move, just the image on the screen. Not nearly as nauesiating.

Another point is that yes, stabilised tanks do aim well at 60mph, but they are on tracks, a Mauler is on legs for the purpose of being able to get to higher speeds over rougher terrain at a lose of felxabilty, and accuracy.

Since all mauler weapons are close range - point blanc then being able to aim accuractly is even less of a concern.

I never saw 1.2 maulers miss or be any more accuracte/inaccurate than humans. They were just less intelligent in the way that they moved from point A- B and they never got quite as close to the target as a human does.

Gummo.nz

Quote from: Jwk the Hemp MonkeyI never saw 1.2 maulers miss or be any more accuracte/inaccurate than humans. They were just less intelligent in the way that they moved from point A- B and they never got quite as close to the target as a human does.

I've always been unsure as to how much of an effect the AI standing back a little when using fang has on the damage inflicted.  I guess because when AI maulers are used, they're normally in packs so It's hard to tell.

I like numbers  :)   But I'll accept such answers as 'null', 'a little', 'stfu' or 'tons'.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

depends on the target, when attacking a small unit like a turret or something, its going to have more affect, when attacking a larger one such as a factory every shot hits.

I guess thats why equiping AI maulers with Plasma stream is alright sometimes, cause they dont waste as much of their ammunition.

Humans should have fang, always. Its so insanely good.

Bull Dog

Well I loved the head bob in the Mauler made playing in DM with it a little more tricky when one had two of the all powerful blasts in it.  But I suppose that the 1.3 walker having 2xA cannons sort of changes that.  HMM

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

They should be balenced for human vs human strat first, not DM's. Dm's have 'alot' of flexability.

Also, can people stop thinking that a Bulldog is the equivelent of a Titan, and an Attila is the equivelent of a Mauler, Its not like that.

The titan is the Scion equivelent of the Attila walker, and the Mauler is the equivlent of the Bulldog/rocket tank.

when it comes to damage/armour values/tactical value.

PhoeniX-FlamE

by the creators titan is called scion assult tank because its on weels and cant swim while a mauler and walker can 'swim' and they have lags

the name comes from here - walker
a walking unit... while the assult tank drives - same for the titan..

i think thats why people call the titan assult tank and mauelr walker

but
QuoteThe titan is the Scion equivelent of the Attila walker, and the Mauler is the equivlent of the Bulldog/rocket tank.

when it comes to damage/armour values/tactical value.

true dat...

He's not arguing names, just what is a match for the other.  I have to agree, the Titan and Landmaster are walking GT/GS's, while the Mauler and Bulldog are GT/GS killers.

Good point.

-Av-

APCs r evil

Quote from: Scoutnot to mention the 10 or so apcs where we scions hand NOTHING to kill them with
i started making hoot loads of pods JUST to blink on them multiple times.. as i can tell the apc "soldier" has had there space suit beefed up prolyl to withstand a few more mortar splash damage hits..

Static Charge works wonders on APC soldiers but you may want to equip deflection before you go out there and start frying the annoying bastards so you dont get a giant wad of rockets blowing the crap out of you.(Well not as fast at least :mrgreen:)

DarkFox

Static charge also lags multiplayer games to high heaven. Gas mortars or arc stream are the best scion weapons against APCs IMO.

APCs r evil

I have NEVER used Static Charge in a MP game unless i was using it against APC soldiers so i dont know how much lag it makes but IMHO the APCs would certainly lag the game about as much, since if im correct they are 5 AI units in one.

BTW and i know this is completely off topic but what is this emoticon supposed to mean? :mrgreen:

Spawn

I think it means your so happy your about to puke, or it could just be a little variety.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

the only way static would ever get used is if

A) it did not cause the lag and other problems

B) it was *low* down the tech tree

C) it was more powerful (longer range field)

PhoeniX-FlamE

i hate whoever use static, it'll cause the bug where u see everything staticed - from power-up boxes and pilots to buildings

forgot to check it in 1.3 though

APCs r evil

The static charge bug thing was fixed in 1.3 as far as i can tell.