• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

From what I'm gathering you guys need to apologze to GSH/KEN

Started by Knarly_Death, March 09, 2004, 12:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I would agree with the whole thing, Mower, if they could do the same thing using the much stronger FORWARD thrust present in the craft.  The idea that the second weakest thrust the vehicle is capable of can cause it to achieve orbit while the strongest thrust can't is what bugs me.

-Av-

CmptrWz

Field-effect forces don't have to work against forces like gravity directly. Can't they form a "bubble" around the ship that resists overlapping with solid/liquid matter, and thus the field would be effective at keeping you off the ground, but not in orbit?

Huscar

I think you are making this way to complicated. My guess, hovercrafts in BZ2 work just like aircrafts, but following the old theory (being the wing-shape). It would be able to hover while standing still due to engines below the tank, when it moves, the energy to advance is substracted from what is used to keep it high but it doesn't fall to the ground for the same reason an aircraft doesn't, strafing and going backwards would also need the lower engines to work or it will fall to the ground and so making it move slower in those directions, were is this in contrast with BZ2 as everybody seems to serch for complicated solutions such as negative gravity fields that make time go faster (yes they would, a black hole has high gravity and slows time so negative gravity would speed it up).

MowerMan

Av you can fly using your forward thrusters even better than reverse thrusters!!!  The only problem is, it's impossible to keep your orientation from the skydome, or to see anything on the ground.

Huscar sorry completely wrong on all counts!  The craft are not areodynamic in the least, at least not for airfoil.  Not to mention that the very first mission is on pluto, and pluto has no atmosphere what so ever.  No only that, the effect radiates as a sphere around the craft and not from the bottom of the ctaft, that is obvious (that is how it is modeled).  In other words, the forces are never tangential.

Scouts and Mortar Bikes are assumed to be low mass craft because they don't exhibit the inertia to be massive.

Better start agreeing Av!

deadscion

Ya know what? I really don't care about the absolute definition of the Physics. I just think it's fun.

Set acceljump way up to about 150, put the nose down hit that buttun and yeehaa I'm half accross the map. Hot-rod-itis hahahaha

OvermindDL1

Everything that the show says that is not related to string theory, in other words everything about gravity, all the forces, etc. *is* correct.  The new theory is actually a new function for gravity, where gravity's strength increases, as well as decreases the further you are from a mass, this function allows all the *dark matter* gravity to be accounted for with everything we see, it is quite simple too, but it has its flaws as well, like string theory.

Quote from: MowerManBetter start agreeing Av!

LOL, I never break rule #1!  (Don't argue physics with Mower)

It just bugs me that I can zip off easily in a MB backward but not forward.  I guess my flying skillz aren't so mad....    :lol:

-Av-

Slaor

I think they just tweaked the laws of Gravity recently also, am not sure but apparently something to do with the inverse square law not quite holding for gravity, which at large scales was giving anomolous results. Possibly even based on new evidence which supports the theory (first postulated by Einstein BTW) that OM described...

Huscar

I thought pluto did have an atmosfere when it is closer to the sun as it doesn't make a good circle, or am I confused with another planet? Anyway, why do you say bz2 craft is not aerodinamic? It's made of bio-metal, the everchanging thing, remember? Well it is quite probable that the time in wich ISDF visited pluto it didn't have any atmosphere when you look at the game so your probably right about my thoery being wrong, but then again, could anyone explain how they want to make negative gravity or lay a network of magnets around a planet? Also, even though magnetic fields can be really powerfull it happens a lot that they create tumors or other problems if exposed to them to long, doesn't seem the way either ISDF or Scion threat their pilots. Also, did you see how the engines look when going forward? They look like normal combustion engines, they would also have to be really powerfull and have to use very little fuel, my guess, bio-metal burners.

Also, I see only one way of making a working magnetic field, each hover has a "weapon" that allows it to set the bio-metal immidiately around it just in the same polarity as the tank's field, thus repulsing it. But this would result in bio-metal being pushed away by tanks, unless of course, the weapon is pointed only on the ground.