• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Problems running 1.2 and 1.3

Started by Der Vampyr Engel, March 10, 2004, 11:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Vampyr Engel

I can't run 1.2 and 1.3 on the same Machine using Windows XP Pro, I just wonder if anyone else has this problem, I can only run the 1.2 Mods, all it does is run the intro film at the beginning and then completely frees my system is 256MB, 1.7GHz 40GB hard Drive 3GB HD DVD ROM , CD REWRITER

Zero Angel

MODs dont work for version 1.3. Its in the readme file that you get the option to read while installing 1.3 as well as on a few recent topics on this board. RTFM (Read the fleepin manual) next time.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

BZZERKER

I'd also like to add that everyone should read the changelog.txt. It may answer some questions.

Der Vampyr Engel

Zero Angel, I am well aware that mods don't work for 1.3, I said I can get the mods working for 1.2 I can't RUN 1.2 OK? I can't run the actual 1.2 Battlezone game , the mods work just fine, does anyone else have a solution?

By the way (OYEAR)open your eyes and read next time OK? OH and by the way moderator's I just got a load double standard bull from various hypocrites members of this board having a go at me for my language running to you complaining about me, well the next person who swear's at me I shall swear back at them, especially when they cannot be bothered to read what I actually type and simply type without engaging their brains first

Bull

I've had trouble with the movies before on XP (home edition) It would also freeze my comp. Renaming my movies folder to movies_are_broken did the trick for me.

I think also running with/without compatibility can cause problems, though I forget which is the best way. Perhaps someone else will explain further.

Fishbone

DVE: if you ask a question and somebody types *anything* up trying to help you, you do not swear at him. not one bit. rtfm is not considered swearing as this expression is going around the internet for decades now.
Zero Angel was kind enough to spend his time trying to help you. if you dont want his help, dont post here!

and you were going over the top in the other thread. I was very close to banning you. thats why I sent you a warning. there will be no next warning!

NukeDaddy

Quote from: Fishbonertfm is not considered swearing

Surely you are joking.   :?

If rtfm is not, then certainly spelling it out is?  I hope? This is amazing....  I sure wouldn't want my elementary kids talking that way.

Zero Angel

Quote from: Der Vampyr EngelI can only run the 1.2 Mods,
I think i'll be the better man and walk away. WALK away.  :D  (i've always wanted to say that)

Quote from: NukeDaddySurely you are joking.  

If rtfm is not, then certainly spelling it out is? I hope? This is amazing.... I sure wouldn't want my elementary kids talking that way.
Yeah, its a common saying, common enough not to consider as a cuss word. I didnt know what it meant for a long time and I assumed other ppl didnt, thats why I spelled it out. Edited.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

OvermindDL1

RTFM = Read the fine manual...

or perhaps

RTFC = Read the fine changelog  :D

Phaser

Well if you installed some mods like starfleet you cant play 1.2 anymore with this install. I know there is a "mod manager" somewhere but i have no clue if it can fix your issue.

You cant run 1.2 and 1.3 on the same machine? You mean at the same time or do you run them on 2 machines? Did you make sure to have 1.2 and 1.3 instalation in 2 diferent folder?

Some more information is needed to help you, like wich mod you installed, where did you installed 1.3.

Atm all i can suggest you is to make a fresh 1.2 installation and to do the same with 1.3 in a diferent folder. Normally both should run fine and if you want to run some mods i would recomend a third installation just for them.

OvermindDL1

Best thing to do, install BZ2 in a new directory, not over an old install (or delete the old install if it is already non-functional, directory and *all*), then install 1.3 over that, nothing else, no other patches or anything.

Der Vampyr Engel

I mean I can't run 1.2 and 1.3 on the same machine I already put them into different folders I think it is the OS because I could do it with Windows Minellium but not with XP Pro and I am getting a problem with the editor now when I try to open BZ2 beta path 1.3 with it it now freeze which it didn't before, before that the console simply opened  up in the editor

PhoeniX-FlamE

what exactly is the problem? it wont load? or load a mod? i got preaty confused here...

i would suggest getting 3 bz2 folders... or even 4...
1 for stock 1.2 (if u still want 1.2 that is..)
1 for 1.3 only
1 for FE and other mods or the other mods in another directory..

im not sure if i got it right though.. is the problem that u already got 2 folders but the 1.2 just wont load?

Der Vampyr Engel

It won't load, 1.2 won't load, the mod's load OK but 1.2 wont load beyone the intro screen.

Centerline

I run Windows XP Pro and I have about six different BZ2 installs.  There are a few simple tips:

1. Don't use a period "." in the naming of your BZ2 folders.

2. Install BZ2 into a fresh folder.

3. Then make a few copies of that folder. Use these copies to install your MODs into and anything else.  That way you can have a seperate folder for 1.3, and for each MOD that won't play nice with anything else installed.  Make a shortcut into each new folders Bzone.exe so you can launch that version.

4. If you ever uninstall BZ2 delete the entire folder that the BZ2 install pointed to.  You don't however have to delete all of your copied folders if you intend to reinstall.

Centerline...