• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Editor question

Started by Lizard, March 04, 2004, 05:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BS-er

I'm starting to suspect that bz2edit.exe simply cannot run the DLLs, no matter what you do in the code.

Has anyone had any first-hand success at getting the editor to run the DLLs?

deadscion

I tried and little or no response  form DLL's  Of course Multiplayer dll's need network vars and stuff, but I would have atleast liked to see IA and SP maps play.

Fishbone

Nathan actually answered on my same questions a few beta builds in the past.
His answer was that the dll has to be linked to bz2edit.exe instead of bzone.exe
This couldnt be done via dll scriptor so I could never try it.
So I asked him if the rename trick might work. and thats where he answered, it might. So I tried that and no, it didnt work, as I thought I had posted already but it seems not.
so there :)

I might go and try linking the c++ instant dll to bz2edit.exe just to see if it works. has anybody attempted that yet?

(yes I am learning c++ for bz2...)

OvermindDL1

I did try to relink it to bz2edit, unfortunitally the actual editor is saying the dll is not being run, ergo I am not sure if it is even being loaded, it may be loaded, just not executed, even the script run id (which I think belongs to the dll) is set to a FALSE state in the editor.  I do think it is being loaded, but there might be a command or something to execute it...

SilverB1rd

/noscript & /nodll are run automaticly in the editor most likely what is cuaseing not to run.

OvermindDL1

And I have as of yet not been able to figure out how to turn it back on...

CmptrWz

what does mission.run do? Could it start anything?

sabrebattletank

In the editor, just press CNTRL~E and you should go ingame. I have tried this with 1.3

BZZERKER

He wants the dll to run as well. Currently the dll's do not work when you use the editor.