• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Bug: "tracked physics going bezerk"

Started by GJC, March 11, 2004, 02:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenHeart

Ken might be able to use that saved game to help figure out why its going bongers & get it fixed.  Anything is better than nothing.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Commando

BZZERKER, if you don't have GSH or Ken's e-mail address, you can e-mail it to me so I can send it to them.  I would give you their e-mail address, but I think their address is hidden to prevent the address from spreading.  If you send it to me, I won't take credit for finding the bug and I'll make sure you get credit for reproducing the bug.  I won't take credit for other people's work.  If you want to e-mail it to me, send it to wdpowellok1@cox.net.  If I get it, I'll e-mail it to both GSH and Ken.

BZZERKER

Commando, I have an addy for both GSH and Ken but feel better going through you. It's on it's way to you. Maybe you can test it to make sure it does it on yours too.

Commando

I got it.  What happened before you started getting that error?  I noticed that your scavenger and your construction rig are way off of the map.  I'm not sure if that caused the bug or if it was caused by the bug.  You only had one scav.  Do you know what it was doing before the error occured?  It is possible that an ai scav caused the error or an ai treaded unit.

Commando

I just got a message from GSH.  He said it is too late because the bug had already occured.  He needs a save game made before the physics code goes bzerc.  I'll try to see if I can get a save game, but I doubt I will be able to.

BZZERKER

Hmm, The scav was in scavenge mode....I think, the cons was idle, my scout had been destroyed and I  had used the jetpack to lure some bikes away from the cliffs and into GT range. Recharged the JP in the GT and a second wave of bikes showed up just in time to do it again. I was about 30m above (coming down) the GT when I just shot straight up and the game went bad.

I've had this happen with no vehicles at all too. Once, on Dunes, My Recy just finished setting up (the build effect was just fading out) and it happened to me. I had the AIP debugger on that time and I can tell you that the AI did have scav's on the loose.