• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

My Two cents about the 1.3 beta patch

Started by Bull Dog, March 13, 2004, 12:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bull Dog

First I would like to thank everybody envolved in the production.  Especially GSH.

Ok down to buisness.  The pros and cons from my point of view.  Hey if you don't like what you are reading then don't read it.
For most significant Pros:
Scions can now tell them not to morph VERY VALUABLE tool. Heck in 1.2 putting Arc in Warriors had some serious problems.
ISDF APC are now much more effective. Actually makes them a viable tool again.
In instant one can now select races.  I remember somebody saying that that was origionally going to be implemented but it never happened.
Computer bots in DM = More fun.
AI are now much better.

Now for some cons:

The phisics. Enough said. Not talking about hovering.
The editor.  Hmm. How feasable would it be a take the regular bz2 exe  and rip the multi freatures out but everything else be the same?  Single Player,  Instant Action with editor intact.  It probably WAY easyier said than done tho.

Well that All I can thing of for not.  EDIT: I've gotten used to it now.
Really miss that editor though

sabrebattletank

I would to be able to create a blank map in teh editor also. Balance is an issue.

And thanks to Nathan Mates and Ken for their work on this amazing patch!

You can make a blank map WITH the editor with:

"D:\Program Files\Games\Battlezone II\bz2edit.exe" mymap.trn /edit /nobodyhome

True, this isn't making one IN the editor, but it's pretty easy. Just set up a TRN file and away you go, one nice, flat, empty map.

-Av-