• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor fix) Jet Pack activation

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, March 14, 2004, 05:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Why was jet pack activation duel linked to not only the 'deploy' key, but also the 'special' key.

Its really really annyoing to accidently hit the jet pack as the unit you were in was destroyed (e.g. your holding down special fire to lay down mines as you retreat, are shot down, and then die and jet pack way way high into the sky, aided to go even further by the ship 'ejecting' you at high speed)

I do not ever remeber people having problems activating the jetpack of snatchal charge, so why was it made to inculde the special key?

i would like to see the new 'feature' removed.

SilverB1rd

What new feature?  Dont know about that cant test right now but if that is the case it was most likly a bug and not intended. I'd suggest you check your binds make sure you did not set it be mistake.

Speedy

The pilot's pack is automatically activated with the special buttons key:

- The "special" trigger (default middle mouse button) now activates
pack-type weapons in addition to the "deploy" trigger (default C key).
The "special" trigger supports continuous fire, whereas the "deploy"
trigger does not.  [Ken]

This is to allow continous jetpacks:

- Added support in Jet Pack for continuous burn (burnTime <= 0) and
limited maximum altitude (setAltitude > 0).  The standard Jet Pack in
the game does not use either of these features, even though I happen
to like this "Tribes"-style pack better.  [Ken]

BZZERKER

Here's an idea :idea:  :o . Why don't ppl read the changlog before complaining. This way, you will know whether or not if it was changed for a reason ( and what that reason is) or if it is something that was introduced by accident.

*general statement not aimed at anyone in particular*

I know it's a very big file to read but, you may keep yourself from looking a bit silly.

SilverB1rd

Doh, I remember reading that now. I it would be nice to have a short delay after ejection before you can fire the jet pack.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I did read the change log, and i was refering to that point. But  FE has continious jetpacks without the really annyoing 'speical key' thing. I still  do not see any reason it was implimented. The 'Deploy' Key was fine as it was, this new 'feature' just means people keep on accidently triggering it when they eject from their craft (if they were firing specials)

Slaor

No FE had a long burn variation that couldn't be deactivated, the new one means you burn when u press - it's pretty cool for lots of things...

SilverB1rd

will most likely be fixed in the next release.  A vary short delay after ejection before you can jet should help with this problem, and should be fairly simple for ken to do.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

yes, a two second delay would be good, it would also help stop the thing where you shoot off into the sky, and cannot see the terrain (something that never made sense to me.

OvermindDL1

I say a 5 world delay would be perfect, 2 seconds is too long.