• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Why is the range of all the weapons so limited?

Started by Knight, March 14, 2004, 09:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoeniX-FlamE

lol what still weird is "thunderbolt" (difrent then the "default isdf" that u have as starting unit) has 180 minigun range...

and some newbs puts them with the default isdf - and im sure they dont know the difrence.. i just take that and outrange all their base and getting called cheater :lol:

DarkFox

by 'edge kill' I mean using the binding boxes of the 3d objects to hit them. BZ2 draws range in the targetting window from the centre of your ship to the centre of theirs. Weapons fire from the hardpoint of your ship to the 'edge' of their binding box, (the outside of their ship). As such, obviously, you can often hit with a 100m range weapon despite the fact that the centre of the enemy ship is over 100m away from the centre of yours.

Pretty straightforward really, but ya, a few people call that 'edge killing'

Zero Angel

Yeah, WTF is up with 'Thunderbolt' and 'Default ISDF', these damn nubs dont know the difference which is what pisses me off. I always have to tell them ...

Anyways, 'Thunderbolt' should have its name changed to 'DM Scout' seeing as its odf name is 'ivscoutdm'.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

PhoeniX-FlamE

its quite funny.. i dont even know what they did it for...

u SHOULD use the same scout in strat and the same in a DM

and why 180 range? - some1 was drunk that day...

and the thunderbolt also moves like a drunk guy - slower and less ammo but LOL the range!!

Phaser

Strange thunderbolt was faster in 1.2 and had similar range anyway thx for explaining edge kill. I didnt know you could shoot a bit further that way.

Speedy

> Yeah, WTF is up with 'Thunderbolt' and 'Default ISDF', these damn nubs dont know the difference which is what pisses me off. I always have to tell them ...

How are they going to know if no one's told them? Its no reason to get pissed off, heck, its not even in the manual.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

yeah! and how come scion 'drones' are called 'scouts' in thebuild menu?

theyare DRONES, not scouts...and the 'empty' version should be called 'simple drone'...not 'empty scout'...for scions anyway.

technoid

TBolts and Drones serve the same function in their respective army, i.e.  recon & scouting (including high radar fences)... so that's most likely why they are called as such in the unit lists. We could always rename them I guess.

DarkFox

re: edge killing. This really only becomes a strategy when you're fighting stationary AI units. For example, assault miniguns in turrets have a range of 150m. It is possible to park up 151m away from an AI turret and it will not fire at you, because it thinks you're out of range, despite the fact that you can hit each other just fine.

As for scouts/drones - who really cares? Jesus...

PhoeniX-FlamE

the name doesnt realy metter and phaser - chceck again..

its easier to hover with defaul isdf rather then thunderbolt

maybe the forward speed of the thunderbolt is increased but strafes / backwards is decreseed compared to default isdf

if im not wrong laser range is 120 while in scout head to head u can shoot from 123 and it'll hit... (just e.g for "edge kill"...)