• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(MAJOR Bug) Targeted AI jerk around! Needs fixing!

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, March 14, 2004, 04:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

Ah, mine is the 9700PRO, but I still state that I do not think the video card or any drivers for it would effect that a unit jumps or not...

EDIT:  Just tested, happens on my card as well, so now I really do not think it is video card or driver issues, a jerk by about 2 feet (thinking that the scav is about 15 or so feet long) once every 5 to 10 seconds.  I can easily see why I missed it, it is nothing, certainly do not miss my shots or anything.  But yes it is definitally on a targeted AI vehicle

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

On a scav? i suppose that would be a minor issue, but its doing the same thing on all of the AI attack units, hell...its even doing it on the bomber :S i saw massive jumps when the bomber was targeted...not good!

This is a major issue, and needs to be fixed. It will drive many many people up the wall.

DarkFox

It *is* a major problem. I missed 4 shots with a blast cannon against a mortar bike in a recent game which hemp and speedy witnessed. I'm sure they can back me up on the fact that I only miss about 1/10 shots against an evading opponent. An AI unit moving in a predictable straight line, however, evades about 2/3 of my blast shots, thanks to this problem.

OvermindDL1

I watched a scav and a tank, both did indeed jump only when targeted, but by inches it seemed, certainly not enough to have me miss, I wonder why your installs are acting like that, perhaps it is something to do with the hardware...  Still doubt the video card.

Speedy

Dirty_Rooster and I tested this with empty scout matches. It seems that when I targetted him, the jumped side-to-side like a maniac and it was near-impossible for me to hit him. This happened also in a game with Micheal. This only really happens with scouts, at least for me.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I saw Sabres jump 20 m at a time, i was missing the damn thing as it went to dark fox's assault tank...on a simple '' come to me '' command...

It wasnt even evading! just going from point A - B and i was missing half of my blast/laser shots.

This is serious.

Perhaps its severity is a combination of factors...

wug

Sorry guys, it was probably my poor perception.  I swore it seemed a lot worse now, but at least now I know what you guys are talking about.

I tried going back to the 53.04 (or 53.03?) Geforce driver, but it didn't like that, so I'm stuck with the new one (56.64).  Don't wanna spend my weekend debugging more computer stuff. :P

Using a low MWF doesn't seem to help either.  It's like the targetted vehicle gets network updates differently?  Guess it's a serious bug for Nathan or Ken to look at.

PhoeniX-FlamE

i dont want even to bring up another player targted warping :shock:

and i have ATI readon dont remmeber what number and ya - it warps BADLY

FlashFire

Ive seen warping before in MPI games. It's kinda annoying when targets jerk around... service bay comes in handy though  :)

*GEL*Victorius[gm]

That warp bug is the only thing i don't like about 1.3  :(

BLUE DEVIL

i have had the same problem.  Targeted ships warp more than un-targeted ships.  This really is a major bug.  It is pretty hard to shoot a warping scav.  At first i thought it was lag.  I have got a new internet connection (cable) and the same thing happens.  Very annoying. :evil: