• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Cant build next to extractors

Started by sabrebattletank, March 14, 2004, 06:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

When I have just deployed a scav, and I want to build a gt next to it, I find that I cant. The terrain aquares are green, but the wires are red and WHen I tell the constructer to build he won't, and tells me so. I have a relay bunk next to it and eneough scrap.

DarkFox

This is an unavoidable problem for mapmakers when dealing with bridges... were there any bridges nearby?

BZZERKER

It is possible to build on tiles like that but it can be a TPITA. You have to very slowly search the tile for the little section of it where the mesh will turn green (something not easy to do if your under attack).

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

PhoeniX-FlamE

well one of the problems with building other buildings rather then gts is terrien level...

although if u build 1 square aside from the pool i think it'll work...

The trick is to always build outward, never between.  Lots of people complain that they can't build when in fact they've got two different heights around the square they're building on.  Pools are notorious for causing this.  That's why I usually plant my Recy right next to the pool, to keep things level around it.

When this happens look at the eight squares around the build square and see if there's already something in one of them that could be a different height.  <insert trashy text graphics here>  :)

4X5

If you have, say, a Recy in 3 and 5 and something else in 1, 4 or 6 it's likely that X and/or 2, 7 are unbuildable.

It would be nice if BZ2 were a little more forgiving on terrain heights.

-Av-

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

You see 'holes in the terrain' when you build things like that, in the same way that if you do not plant stuff properly in the Editor you see holes between blocks.

It would be nice if the terrain was more forgiving...mabey if it had some 'stretch' function.

Tempest Storm

BZ2's terrain is too hard coded to do that unfortuantely. :/

sabrebattletank

Nope, no bgidged. As far as ive seen even by reading this topic i should be able to build around them. It seems like the can/cant build is totally ramdom. same height, everything. once i could build next to this pool, now i cant, in five mins i might be able to again. ?????

Oh, I think I've seen that.  Try slowly strafing when that happens and see if it blinks back and forth between build/can't build....

-Av-

BZZERKER

Quote from: BZZERKERIt is possible to build on tiles like that but it can be a TPITA. You have to very slowly search the tile for the little section of it where the mesh will turn green (something not easy to do if your under attack).
:rollingpin:  :rollingpin:  :rollingpin: I hate having to quote myself.