• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

List of noobish questions, please answer as many as you can.

Started by Knight, March 14, 2004, 01:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knight

1.  I still cant get the tilde key to work (Korean Keyboard/English XP home) to rotate the placements. Any other suggestions?

2. Is it possible to rotate the satalite view or zoom it?

3. Is there any way to deal with an incomming bomber (other than going and destroyig it's base)?

4. Why do gun towers sometimes do nothing when they get swarmed then suddenly re activate when the enemy is already on or past them? (a bug?)

5. I often get the problem of clicking on a unit and it answers but does nt highlight. when i'm in satalite view is is frustrating cause i quickly click and move off but then find it's not responding and have to go back and re-click it. I had this prob with all patched versions of BZ2. Any ideas?

6. Other than linking the units into a chain (you follow him, you follow him etc) is there any other way to get a squad of say 10 walkers to move in any kind of formation?

7. A last left field question:  Does anyone have any idea/guess how many people around the world play BZ2 still?

Thanks guys.
Knight.

Scout

A:1
id imagen the work around could be the same as the european esc button KB bug..

A:2
No thats looking like its only gona be available in bz1 =/

A:3
yes there are many ways...
The most ironic is to let the bomb drop and hit it witha laser shot b4 it hits your buildings.. very little damage/time is needed to kill the bomb

Another way is the.. normal thing to do when isdf vs isdf and thats to use rocket tanks.. there sub routines are made to engadge enemy aircraft.. bombers archers apcs... and shoot them right out of the air.. Slavo does great damage vs both ground and air but horent does that bomber in quick cuase the horents lock on to bombers so damn fast and they got a great range too..

scion archers in 1.3 using popper have sort of a chance..  only problem is the bomber follows the ground like its glued onto a stick and this stick is draging across the ground so the bombers flight path is turbulent. Why is this a problem for the archer you ask? well imagen your an AI archer.. and your just holding down the the fire button like a good ol AI archer and leading perfectly like a good ol Archer and  the bombers going over this 5 meter bump in the ground about the time your shooting one of the poppers.. well the lead will be very high.. cuase the popper thinks  the bomber is gona head on that incline forever and aims real high...

thats not so supprising.. heres where it gets funny

if the hill is bigger than say 20 meters or what have you and the bomber is on the way down the hill the archers are gona fire those poppers right into the ground. no lie =/

cuase agian the poppers a very simple weapon its gona take the trajectory of the bomber at the very moment and use that to lead the popper projectile... thus its gona aimw ay underground when the bombers coming down a hillside reall fast just infront of your base.. so 20 popper archers on a bummpy map shooting @ 1 bombers gona look like an iraqi bombing run @ night :D

.... ok next quesiton....
A:4

well my freiend thats what most of the "vet" community prays for and relies on... ultra stupied AI... a gt can be distracted by a scav that didnt come all the way around a corner... and hoot.. let a bazooka soldier sit there and take that GT down..

this is how good your modern vetran is.. "couldnt do it without the hootty bz2 ai"

A:5

well satillite view has this problem ALOT of people over look..

thers borders around the actuall fuctional area of that view.. for instance.. the chat box on the right makes the WHOLE right side above and below the chat box  un-usable by the cursor.. same goes for the left side( the width of the unit menu) from top to bottom.. so what your really left with for fuctional "clicking space" in the satillite veiw is this little strip down the middle... i think this falls under the.. lack of bz2 game-mechanics optimisations area :)

A:6

heh, i wich you could do a bit of formation forming in bz2.. Like in ground control.. hell that and a good netcode andbz2 would be more populare than Counter strike :P

But no you cannot do any sort of formation.. and sending your units in a parade formation into an enemy base is just plain counter intuitive :X

i send mine into the enemy base in a line formation (usually with rocket tanks in that good ol bunker view in mpi's) with all the great downfalls of the bunker view :D

A:7

well my game list is usually a "full screen". weekend nights i find i sometimes have to scroll to see all the games....

guessing every game on the list is an average of 3-4 players id say theres 20-40 players  on average.. however there have been nights with Zero games up... but plently of people waiting for some person to put up a game...

technoid

Quote from: Knight1.  I still cant get the tilde key to work (Korean Keyboard/English XP home) to rotate the placements. Any other suggestions?
[/size]Have you not tried binding it to another key, like I said here?  ... http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1764

Knight

Thanks guys.
 If only all forums had such friendly and helpful people in it.
 Knight.

GJC

3: you can shoot the bomber yourself. It´s be come a bit harder in 1.3 because the bomber flies higher.

4: Scout said it, sometimes they are distracted by an enemy scav behind a hill. But even without any distraction GTs sometimes need a while to wake up when enemy rushes the base. When turrets are distracted I can tell them to "hold position" so they will engage the closest target, and I really miss that possibility for GTs.

Knight

Thanks technoid, tilde issue solved,
:oops:   er, i'd assigned it to the '?' left of left-shift. I didnt realise the input section called it something other than 'building rotater key'. Doe's it do anything else?
 Knight
P.S. ahhhh my base looks so neat these days

Scout

you mean left of right shift right? :D

cuase... to the left of the left shift... theres a whole lot-o-nothing...

BLUE DEVIL

A to Q#3.  
Destroying bombers is very simple (since they have LOW armor).  U have to fly/jump and shoot them down.  HOWEVER, in 1.3 this may be a problem.  The bombers fly higher, so, if u r not an experienced flyer, it will be quite hard to destroy it.  (Rocket tanks with SALVO ROCKET work well when trying to shoot down a high flying bomber)  I usually use the flying method with an ISDF scout (chain gun, faf).  It works fine

GreenHeart

Quote from: BLUE DEVILA to Q#3.  
Destroying bombers is very simple (since they have LOW armor).  U have to fly/jump and shoot them down.  HOWEVER, in 1.3 this may be a problem.  The bombers fly higher, so, if u r not an experienced flyer, it will be quite hard to destroy it.  (Rocket tanks with SALVO ROCKET work well when trying to shoot down a high flying bomber)  I usually use the flying method with an ISDF scout (chain gun, faf).  It works fine

Red Devil + Blue Devil = Same Person?
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Gummo.nz

Quote from: GreenHeart
Quote from: BLUE DEVIL
Red Devil + Blue Devil = Same Person?

No.  Red Devil + Blue Devil = Two headed purple devil.

BLUE DEVIL

No.  I am not the same person as Red Devil.  I am just another Devil.