• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Running 1.3 with a French version

Started by Vcube, March 17, 2004, 11:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vcube

I knew hat 1.3 was only for english version of BZ. I have the french one (difficult to buy an english version here, try to find it between camembert and red wine ...), but I tried anyway.

(1.2 patch was installed)

So :

most of the game's interface is now in english, no problem
settings are lost, just had to retune
usual keyboard mismatch, just have to think qwerty on my azerty

but

mouse (USB, microsoft)  is not working during mission, just freeze
it seems I am loosing settings when I leave the game

----------------------

Any ideas ?

I will investigate, because as far I could see, its worth it.

Fried

Have you tried installing 1.3 just over stock bz and not one patched to 1.2.

also try setting youre mouse in the options on main page rather than the options in game if you hadnt already. and then rather than fire a game up, close and then restart bz

Vcube

Hi

I tried everything, no mouse no hope. Looking now for an english version.

Starwolf

Hey, I got the same problem  and I got the german version, I got a ps/2 mouse and well... in the menu i can use the mouse but not ingame I cant even set the controls for the mouse

Fried

We did test it with a german version, though i believe that the testers involved (myself included) used usb mice, though i wouldnt of thought this would be the problem.
GSH did have to change something back to 1.2 status with regards to the german version having some trouble with 1.3 though it did fix it fine for our versions (cant remember fully what it was ,GSH would have to comment on that)

Keep trying with different saves of options, I know mine can give me trouble getting the settings to stick on occasion when doing reinstalls, thats why i normally fully restart bz2 after altering the options in 1.3, maybe try a full system restart after saving options too that may work.