• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 resets a friend's computer.

Started by BZDraconian, March 19, 2004, 11:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BZDraconian

He has a nice machine, the ATI 9500 XT video card, easily enough hard space for BZ2 with a 120 GB hard drive and a really fast processor. He also checks constantly for viruses. It is purely BZ2.
It is also a clean reinstall of BZ2.

Zero Angel

Overclocked? BZ2 puts a lot of strain on the CPU regardless of the video card.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

AcneVulgaris

I've got a similar problem with my radeon 9000 chipset in my laptop...if i get in and out of bz 3 or 4 times, i get a BSOD.

Of course, changing the screen resolution the same number of times does the same thing.  I have the latest video driver (over a year old...Dell doesn't give a rats ass about complaints on their message board...they're on to selling new stuff now.)

Element

Like ZA said overclocking too much will cause problems. BZ2 will give me a BSOD restart if my comp is OCed to high.

technoid

Heat caused from OC could be one reason, though driver conflicts also can cause blue screens.

OvermindDL1

No overclocking for me and my computer BSOD's when I try to do anything else besides BZ2, it is one of the few games that actually runs perfectly on my computer.