• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(Suggestion) AI skill for the Service Trucks and Healers

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, March 18, 2004, 01:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoeniX-FlamE

sorry to be annoying :D

hmm lets say they are more intelegent... why should a 1 use them?

give me an example of situation plz

cause as i said.. u just get dower in middle.. and scions dont have long range weapon to stand in place and use it... they are hitting and running or just dieing

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

There are plenty of examples of how in MP having smarter but weaker scion service trucks would be good, just after an MDM barrage? Yes..the scions are hit and run. Which is why the Healer being different is useful.

also, having the change as i have said before again and again is for Freedom of Modding. And who said that having these service trucks would be for MP human vs human only?

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

There are plenty of examples of how in MP having smarter but weaker scion service trucks would be good, just after an MDM barrage? Yes..the scions are hit and run. Which is why the Healer being different is useful.

also, having the change as i have said before again and again is for Freedom of Modding. And who said that having these service trucks would be for MP human vs human only?

PhoeniX-FlamE

u scare the tanks preaty fast + build a new spire :) and the current healer does great job for that case

im not realy a modder so i dont realy know what that helps so im just sticking to what i know 8)

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

My point is that the change should be inculded anyway (the abilty to set their intelligence as an AIHealerskill= 0 - 3 ) because this will give modders more freedom in balencing the new mods and also gives flexabilty in MPI, IA, and all sorts of things. Weather or not the abilty to make changes to the AI skill though the ODF is used in the 1.3 patch is a secondary issue.

Slaor

Service trucks in 1.3 are completely moddable, with options available in ODF that let modder define which classes they will automatically heal.

Read the changelog.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

I did 'read the change log'. And does it allow for one team (lets say ISDF) to have dumb service trucks and another team (lets say MPI AI controled ISDF) to have Smarter ones?

Does it have a simple 0-3 AI setting system?

PhoeniX-FlamE