• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

(minor suggestion) AI Camera Mode.

Started by Jwk the Hemp Monkey, March 13, 2004, 04:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Is it possiable to add a function, where a command from the menu of the units inculdes ' uplink cam'.

That is to say, you can target a friendly unit you control...without it being within radar range. Thus giving you the abilty to view what a target is seeing without having to actually go and target it (useful if there is some fighting between AI's on the other side of the map)

Not dissimilar to the way that you see what the rec is seeing, when you press '1'.

PhoeniX-FlamE

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Speedy

Its a good idea, maybe it should only be done from the bunker, however.

BZZERKER

I believe the camera pod from BZ1 was made functional in 1.3.

- Camera Pod now responds to being targeted by the player on its team
instead of the local user.  This will make the pod fully usable in
multiplayer games.  [Ken]

Yet another case of "Read the Changelog".

SilverB1rd

BZZERKER

:lol:  Yes, but I didn't want to raise a fuss over it.

DarkFox

That entry in the changelog, however, has *nothing* to do with the suggestion here, and as such I'd dictate is as more a case of 'what the hell has that got to do with anything', than 'read the *Ammo*ing changelog'.

Not that I'd want to kick up a fuss about anything, but surely mentioning it for no good reason is more likely to cause a stir than 's-ing tfu' ?

SilverB1rd

I dont use foul language  (ask my ventrilo buddies) thats why I just used te letters, Just poking fun at BZZErk more then anything.

But as to Hemps actually topic,

I dont see it being overly hard to implement, but what the real question would be is would it be used often enough to make up for the time put into making it work?

Would you want a new key to be used for uplike or would it just be selecting the ship with the F keys?

BZZERKER

Quote from: DarkFoxThat entry in the changelog, however, has *nothing* to do with the suggestion here, and as such I'd dictate is as more a case of 'what the hell has that got to do with anything', than 'read the *Ammo*ing changelog'.

Not that I'd want to kick up a fuss about anything, but surely mentioning it for no good reason is more likely to cause a stir than 's-ing tfu' ?

I disagree DF. I think what Hemp is asking fits perfectly into the "scope" of what the camera pod is capable of. In the case of multiple pods (up to 10), I would use a new key (maybe "P") to call them up and then have a secondary menu like when calling individual units from a group to pick an individual pod.

Silverb1rd, :p

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Having a 'camera pod' sounds cool...however....it would only twist and view according to what direciton you are facing, BZI style. Now this is cool....however....

It is important stratigically and Tactically to actually be able to SEE what a combat unit (like a tank, or a turret, or a missile scout or whatever) is actually 'seeing' when its on the other side of the map. E.g....lets say a pool protected by some turrets comes under attack. it would be very nice to be able to select one of the turrets...and 'see' what is attacking them though THEIR eyes. I think that sort of function is well worth it.

The launchable camera (and yes i did read the change log) would be a cool addition, however, it would not be as useful as my suggestion.