• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 Final: Wish list . . . add yours too

Started by Knight, March 20, 2004, 05:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angstromicus

well I doubt in game the sounds you hear will never reach 64 except in gamestate.

OvermindDL1

Mine supports 64 and I almost never see it get above 30, so a 32 card would be fine.

eddeighton

All I would like is custom menu / sub-menu commands for units for handling in mission dll's (ideally with the ability to enable / disable ).

I would really like this capability and would appreciate anyone else who does speaking up for it since it doesn't seem to have been mentioned in this thread very much.

Even if definitions have to be statically defined in some file instead of at run-time this would still make so much possible for those interested in improving / moding the tactical side to bz.

Ed.

I guess maybe a cheaper alternative is ability to register for specific keyboard accelerator notifications in the mission dll combined with unit/squad selection info but thats not nearly as cool.

DarkFox

Dedicated servers would be horrible in battlezone2. Cheating would go through the roof.

Angstromicus

lol, anyway, why would dedicated servers do that?

DarkFox

Because with no dedicated servers, there is *always* someone able to use the /kick command playing ingame at all times.

Angstromicus

Well the system that I'm thinking about is that having dedicated servers with passwords to them. If you are an admin, type in the pass and u become an admin in the server, and have a call button for an admin. Each mission will be random, last a certain amout of time in ctf and dm missions, and have voting options.

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Dedicated servers would also mean that the MP power of BZII would pick up.

A kind few would definatly take advantage of such a feature, and host DM's at least. This would cause problems, e.g. unacceptable behaviour going unhindered...but it would also bring the benifits of a stronger MP base

DarkFox

QuoteWell the system that I'm thinking about is that having dedicated servers with passwords to them. If you are an admin, type in the pass and u become an admin in the server, and have a call button for an admin. Each mission will be random, last a certain amout of time in ctf and dm missions, and have voting options.
This is the way it's bound to work, yes. Trouble is, when a server admin *isn't* there, there are too many exploits in the game to have a good game.

PhoeniX-FlamE

bz2 will need a new engine for dedicated servers

in the current one you have to quit the server and remaking it (sometimes reboot) to reduce lag...

joiners and leavers also adds to the lag of the game afterwards...if u have a dm or a strat (one of the reasons for vets game) and ppl join game, quit, join game then quit the server will lag HORRIABLY

omnis - some of what you suggested is already available

3,9 and 17 - and maybe some more

Jwk the Hemp Monkey

QuoteThis is the way it's bound to work, yes. Trouble is, when a server admin *isn't* there, there are too many exploits in the game to have a good game.

And isnt 1.3 ment to stop those very things?

Angstromicus

Quote from: Jwk the Hemp Monkey
QuoteThis is the way it's bound to work, yes. Trouble is, when a server admin *isn't* there, there are too many exploits in the game to have a good game.

And isnt 1.3 ment to stop those very things?

my point exactly. But lag is a big issue, but maybe by the end of 1.3 lag will no longer be an issue (cept for 56kers like me :(.)

Tempest Storm

"And isnt 1.3 ment to stop those very things?"

Since when was there a cheat proof game?

Angstromicus

Quote from: Tempest Storm"And isnt 1.3 ment to stop those very things?"

Since when was there a cheat proof game?

What's using a dedicated sever gonna do to change cheating? Besides, I doubt a cheat would affect the server itself and last until the server is rebooted.

Tempest Storm

Ummm...I am talking  about bugs and exploits used to cheat in order to make the tides in your favor...